This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Missing Season and Episode Number

Feb 22, 2016 at 1:19 AM
I noticed that for a number of shows MCEBuddy is not getting the season and episode number so the name is coming out like this "How the Universe Works Expanded Edition - se" and "Lip Sync Battle - se". This is my first time using MCEBuddy. All of my shows are coming from WMC. What do I need to do to ensure that the information for season and episode is populated properly in the output name?
Coordinator
Feb 23, 2016 at 5:13 PM
You haven't given any information about what your source files are? WTV? MP4? TS? XML Metadata?
There is a sticky thread on how metadata extraction and downloading works with MCEBuddy, a good place to start to understand it.

Feb 23, 2016 at 7:00 PM
Yea sorry about that. First time posting. I looked through the sticky thread and then checked out the log files for the specific shows and I think I figured it out. I'll using wtv and dvr-ms files in the conversion and it seems like it usually has an issue when the episode name isn't present, though I have seen it still not return the episode and season number when the episode name is there, so still need to look into the log file more. I tried out the force tvdb id using the show name but I'm not sure I'm doing it right. Do you have any documentation that describes exactly how to use that feature? I know I need to input the show name but is that the show name in the file name or within the file details? So for example if the file name is Lip_Sync_Battle-...wtv and the file details show the show title as Lip Sync Battle, which one would I use in the force tvdb match for title?

Thanks for your help!
Coordinator
Feb 23, 2016 at 7:16 PM
With force TVDBID, the showname is what MCEbuddy reads from the file metadata into the Title metadata field (you can verify from the logs). It uses that and then forces the associated TVDB ID while looking up information.

Feb 23, 2016 at 7:21 PM
Awesome thanks!

Can you think of a reason it would still not pickup the season and episode numbers if it has the show name (matched to a specific TVDB id) and the episode name? I've seen some errors in the logs that it couldn't contact tvdb. Is this more of an api issue that sometimes tvdb isn't reachable?
Coordinator
Feb 23, 2016 at 7:25 PM
1. Make sure you're using the latest 2.4.4 build of MCEBuddy, the API's keep changing and we keep updating MCEbuddy
If you're on the latest BETA build then it's possible the API site may be down, try again after a while.

Marked as answer by rboy1 on 3/8/2016 at 8:56 AM
Feb 23, 2016 at 7:28 PM
Ok makes sense. I am on 2.4.4. I'll just keep trying to see if it picks it up.