This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

TV Show Season Episode info is missing

Feb 26, 2016 at 7:46 PM
Im not sure if its the TV station not sending the correct info.

Channel METV show: The Adventures of Superman
Channel METV show: Get Smart
Channel METV show: Carol Burnett and Friends

All the rest of the shows on METV record fine and scan fine

WOW One more question ! I usually use Ember Media Manager not knowing that MCEbuddy had the same feature for scanning Poster/NFO for Kodi ! Has that always had that feature ?
or is it new. Thank you for the great program !
Coordinator
Feb 27, 2016 at 12:59 AM
Yes scanning metadata is a new features and we keep enhancing it based on user feedback.
The metadata is driven by what the website is sending, you'll have to look through the logs to see what is extracted and what responses are coming from the website.

Feb 28, 2016 at 4:06 PM
Coordinator
Feb 28, 2016 at 11:41 PM
The link doesn't work but you can check it out for yourself what's being reporting by your channel guide and what's being returned from the websites.

Feb 29, 2016 at 4:44 PM
I looked at it. IT might as well be in Chinese ! LOL

Not sure you want me to start a new topic ?

After the weekend with MCEbuddy running smoothly and using the new tools for poster/nfo's I discovered when adding a new TV called show to my record feature.
It does create a new folder properly named with a properly named season and in side the season folder it has the episode with nfo but the jpeg image is the same on each episode and it really should be a thumb image instead which is carry's a unique image from the episode.

No biggy just wanted to point that out.

The problem is KODI does not recognize anything about the new show. I had to manually move the show over to another folder monitor by Ember Media Manager.

Let it rescan it. It added TVshow nfo along with Fanart , season art I then moved it back and now KODI can see it.

In short if you already have a existing TVshow when adding more shows MCEbuddy works.

I know this is a new feature in the works :)

In the future hope we get
  1. TV show nfo with poster
  2. Episode thumb art
  3. Season art
bonus would be
  1. Fanart
    2 .actors folder img's
Coordinator
Mar 8, 2016 at 3:54 PM
Can you share some sample TV show NFO's (movies, tv shows, sports, news etc) - upload examples to the server and also share where in the directory structure it's placed so we can see how to replicate it