This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Vista Virtual Machine Hang

Mar 1, 2016 at 11:05 PM
so I got mcebudddy up and running on a vista vm (it is faster with less resources than xp). it runs fine on it's own however the service keeps hanging on me especially when I manually add or remove an item. I installed .net 4.6 on the vm. Is there anything else it needs. I think it is the service as I have tested it with both the remote and local client with the same result. I have also tested .net 4.5.2 and both mcebuddy 2.4.3 and 2.4.4 with the same result. thanks
Coordinator
Mar 1, 2016 at 11:09 PM
It's probably some Windows API that MCEbuddy is calling which is hanging. You'll have to look at the logs to isolate which API is causing it to hang.

Mar 1, 2016 at 11:33 PM
it tends to hang right after :

INFORMATION> 2016-03-01T19:15:52 MCEBuddy.MetaData.VideoMetaData --> Extracting Generic Tags

also any time i highlight a file and press delete in mcebuddy
Mar 1, 2016 at 11:47 PM
event viewer shows system.servicemodel.channels.servicechannel is in a faulted state right after unable to cancel job
Coordinator
Mar 2, 2016 at 2:03 AM
I suspect your net framework is corrupted

Mar 2, 2016 at 5:03 PM
I uninstalled .net rebooted reinstalled.net from a different exe. rebooted reinstalled mcebuddy still no luck .same problem.
Mar 2, 2016 at 8:07 PM
I ran chkdsk /r /f c: sfc /scannow and the update redness checker on the vm. It is more stable but not completely. this could be due to the system being slow. thanks
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 3/8/2016 at 8:51 AM