This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Kodi not picking up a new TV Show

Mar 2, 2016 at 6:56 PM
I love the new features of having MCEBuddy scan and add Poster/nfo file to a existing TV show. Works great Kodi can see them.
The only slight problem is every episode uses the same TV Show poster and not the episode thumb.jpg

The other problem I found was when you add a NEW TV Show MCEB correctly makes a new folder named properly with a season folder with the episode poster/nfo.

The problem is Kodi does not see it. hmmm So I rescanned it with Ember Media Manager to see what was missing. Apparently we need another nfo in side the Show folder this Identifies the TV Show its self. Which is not the same as the episode nfo, Plus of coarse the Poster.

This is what I use : TV Shows\%showname%\Season %season%\%showname%-S%season%##E%episode%##-%episodename% -

I know this is a new feature in the works :) just wanted to point that out. For Kodi users

I am so stoked on this new feature :) ! Great WORK !
Coordinator
Mar 2, 2016 at 9:02 PM
have you tried using the save metadata option?

Mar 2, 2016 at 10:03 PM
I am using 2.4.3 Unless Im blind I do not see metadata option. The only option I see is called Media Information Management and I have that on. When you hover it, It says it will download from the internet Banner file, Episode, season, etc
Coordinator
Mar 3, 2016 at 12:22 PM
Expert settings page it's called Save information

Mar 3, 2016 at 1:17 PM
Yea that was on. Any other place to check ?
Mar 5, 2016 at 8:22 PM
So what is the next step ? You need a log ?
Coordinator
Mar 6, 2016 at 12:23 PM
No, there' no way to do it right now because logically MCEbuddy can only create NFO files for the converted file. Like you said Kodi needs a special show based NFO file for the series. There's no way to tell MCEBuddy:
1. Where to get the show information
2. Where to put the show information

assuming ofcourse you can get some samples and we can figure out 1, how would you tackle 2?