This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Help with multiple channel comskip ini's

Mar 4, 2016 at 4:24 PM
I'm trying to use different comskip ini files for different channels and could use some help. I think I understand how to create different tasks and how to point that task at a particular comskip ini. I also think I understand the concept of how to filter each task based on a channel, so for example only recordings with channel ABC use a certain comskip ini, while other channels use different comskip ini's.

The problem I'm running in to is how to set up the channel name match in the conversion task/selection filters parameter. I record OTA shows with NextPVR and the shows are given a name like "Windy City Live_20160304_11001200.ts" There is no channel designation in the title so I'm not sure how to filter things in the channel name field.

Any help is much appreciated.
Coordinator
Mar 4, 2016 at 5:01 PM
If there is no metadata about the channel name available you can't filter on it. TS files (except for HDHR) don't contain metadata so MCEbuddy looks for other files XML/NFO etc. It it doesn't find it, no metadata....

Mar 4, 2016 at 5:05 PM
Well I'm using HDHomerun devices for recording. So if I understand you correctly the TS files should have the metadata in the file. What info should I then put in the channel filter so it finds the channel in the metadata? How do I see if there is indeed metadata in the TS file?

Thanks for the reply.
Coordinator
Mar 4, 2016 at 5:15 PM
See the logs within the first few pages it'll show the metadata being extracted or you can search for extracting metadata

Mar 4, 2016 at 5:22 PM
Looking at the logs the info is not in the metadata. Dangit. There is no info for NetworkAffiliate or channel etc.

So now what?

I am using a xml file for guide listings within NextPVR. Will that work? Obviously I have no idea what I'm doing.
Coordinator
Mar 4, 2016 at 5:29 PM
Get nPVR generates the XML file for the recording MCEBuddy can process it but the format is specific to what it generates for the recording. Within that XML it looks for the tag "channel"

Mar 4, 2016 at 5:34 PM
OK I figured out how to have NextPVR produce the XML file for each recording. If that XML file is in the same directory as the recording, will MCEBuddy just pick it up? Is there any other configuration I need to do within MCEBuddy?

Thanks so much.
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 3/8/2016 at 8:50 AM
Coordinator
Mar 4, 2016 at 6:20 PM
Nope, it'll pick it up

Mar 4, 2016 at 6:27 PM
Awesome, I just did a quick test and MCEBuddy correctly used the different channel comskip ini's. Thanks!!!!!
Coordinator
Mar 8, 2016 at 3:50 PM
Great :)