This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Re-Converting the same episodes over and over.

May 10, 2016 at 12:18 AM
I've been having this issue for a long time. I am replacing my home server and want to get it configured right this time.

My main issue is with the Velocity channel on Comcast. It's the worst offender, maybe because I mainly record car shows and watch most the others. I'll watch close for other channels as the summer rerun schedule is starting soon.

Anyway, every episode is recorded and converted with commercials removed. Even if the episode already exists. I'm not sure what is causing this. is there any log files or other data needed?

This is driving me nuts and once in a while my good shows don't get recorded from redoing all of these old episodes over and over.
Coordinator
May 10, 2016 at 5:14 AM
Are you using MCE for recording?

As for recording it's controlled by your recording software, depends up on what software you're using for recording it would need to configured.
As for conversion it's simple, it will convert each unique filename. So if each time your windows MCE records it generates a unique filename it will convert it each time. For this scenario there's an option in the Expert settings to check for destination file before converting (it will check the *expected* output filename and if it already exists it won't convret it).

May 10, 2016 at 3:51 PM
Yes, I use MCE for win7.

I will look for the check for destination file in expert settings. That will help.

Also, I get a lot of emails of, "MCEBuddy unable to download series information". It usually can't find series or episode. It always says zero for both season and episode.

Is there a way to fix this? It has title, subtitle, and description. There should be a way to find which season and episode for these recordings with that info.

Thanks for your help.
-=Mark=-
Coordinator
May 11, 2016 at 1:04 AM
See the sticky thread on metadata downloading to answer your questions.

Marked as answer by rboy1 on 5/20/2016 at 2:26 PM