This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

How to check for previously transcoded media to not re-transcode them?

Jul 12, 2016 at 9:32 PM
Hi,

I was wondering if it was possible to check and see if something was already transcoded such as a movie or tv show by looking at the destination directory. For example I record my tv shows with windows media center and whenever there is a re-run of an episode the file name is a little different so mcebuddy transcodes the file all over again which is a waste of a lot of cpu time.

Is there a way to make mcebuddy check to see the destination and see if the transcoded version of that tv show or movie already exists and if it does exist to stop the transcoding so I don't have to re-transcode episodes of tv shows that I already have.

I use windows media center to record my tv shows and movies, use mcebuddy to convert the files and remove the commercials, and then put it into separate folders on a nas to view with plex.

Thanks in advance.
Jul 13, 2016 at 5:34 PM
Yes in Expert Settings of Conversion task, check if destination converted file exists. (it compares by expected output file name)

Marked as answer by rboy1 on 7/26/2016 at 8:43 AM