This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Conversion "complete" but no new files

Jul 16, 2016 at 2:54 PM
New user here.

I set up a conversion job last night and pointed it at a folder containing about 30 .wtv files. This morning MCEBuddy says that there are still 20-some files to convert, but when I look in the destination folder, there's only one file there. When I stop and restart the service, it still says that there are 20-some to convert.

Can anyone tell me what's going on?
Jul 16, 2016 at 5:15 PM
See the conversion history (click on the link top left) and then the logs

Jul 16, 2016 at 6:56 PM
I'm using version 2.3.13 as a trial, so unless I'm mistaken, I can't get the most current version. My version doesn't the conversion history link in the program window. The only log file I currently have is mcebuddy.log: I've had a look in there but it's rather full and without knowing exactly what I'm looking for, nothing's jumping out at me. There were some other log files, but I deleted them and nothing similar has been recreated since (a few of the logs were named after the files being converted: one of them was nearly 50 MB and 180,000+ lines, so I didn't think it worth keeping).

The mcebuddy.log file doesn't appear to be updating during the current run - is this the right place to be looking? What's the text I should be searching for?

Thanks in advance.
Jul 17, 2016 at 5:35 AM
Yes the conversion history link on the main windows, place to start and then look for errors in mcebuddy.log file as the next step or the error in the conversion depending upon what you find the history window as the root cause. Likely insufficient disk space would be my guess or locked files.

Jul 17, 2016 at 9:45 PM
Edited Jul 17, 2016 at 9:57 PM
Gave up on 2.3, paid for 2.4 instead. Seems to be behaving itself better, so I guess 2.3 just didn't like my source data (several hundred GB of free space on the disk, so it wasn't that). Thanks anyway.

Quick question/suggestion: if I set up multiple conversion tasks, is there any way to temporarily disable one while leaving the other running, or to manually add files to be processed by one specific task instead of all of them? It would be useful if it was possible.

Edit: never mind, found it.
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 7/26/2016 at 8:42 AM
Jul 18, 2016 at 4:32 PM
Right click and disable