This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

All conversions failing since W10 aniversary installed

Sep 23, 2016 at 11:49 PM
Hi

This morning W10 installed the anniversary update. This seems to have reset a lot of system defaults (even though it wasn't supposed to), thank you MS again.

Any way. I didn't notice that the MCEBuddy service hadn't started until late evening. When I started it I had to re-queue all of the outstanding conversions manually, however I've had two problems.

First, the monitor location is being ignored and it's doing a conversion job for every one defined in the system without a filename match, I have 8 defined with 3 or 4 test ones.

However, the conversions are all failing with insufficient disk space. MCE is reporting free space as 56356864 when the disk has 63GB free.

I'm running 2.4.5

Any ideas. Thanks
Sep 24, 2016 at 12:05 AM
Panic over (mine not yours)

The clue was in the "reset system defaults". W10 has changed all my drive letters.

Well at least it's logged in case anybody else has the problem

Sorry to have troubled. :)
Sep 24, 2016 at 12:38 AM
Edited Sep 24, 2016 at 12:38 AM
OK spoke too soon

I've fixed the disk space problem but not the starting all the conversion tasks.

I edited the mcebuddy.conf file to change the disk label. I've double checked both the conf file and via the gui that monitor locations is set correctly, but it is still launching all of the available conversions when I drop a file .

It's also not scanning the defined libraries and a rescan is not picking up new files, although I'm not surprised as this would be consistent with the other problems.
Sep 24, 2016 at 2:26 PM
Fixed. Missed one of the edits.

Another heads up. Because MCE has been reset it will re-convert any files that are still in your monitor locations.