This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Help using both Command line and monitored folder.

Sep 29, 2016 at 9:55 PM
I am trying to figure out how to get 2 separate workflows working. 1 is simple playon recorded to folder A, then conversion task A picks it up and acts upon it.

the second is using Command line interface as a part of a bat file to pick up recorded shows and i need to be able to select conversion task b to be used.

So how do i get my monitored folder to use 1 conversion task and my command line to use a different one. I have played with "select monitor locations " under expert settings and i can isolate my playon task to only act upon the monitored folder but i cant seem to get my cli jobs added to the queue my 2nd conversion process.

currently i can limit the monitored folder to only use the playon conversion task but when i submit the job via commadn line its shows up twice with both the plex conversion task and the playon conversion task. Is there a way to specify which conversion task to use from command line?
Coordinator
Sep 29, 2016 at 10:44 PM
You can have conversions tasks linked to specific monitor tasks in the Expert Settings of the Conversion task, that should solve your issue. By default all conversion tasks pick up files from all monitor tasks, this can be changed to create one to one or one to many relationships through the Expert Settings page for each conversion task

Coordinator
Sep 29, 2016 at 10:46 PM
As of the CLI, there is no way to link conversion tasks to specific CLI inputs. They will default to all conversion tasks. You should use a filter (filename or metadata based) to have the conversion task only process files entered in the queue by the CLI.
I do see your issue here, can you elaborate why you want to use the CLI instead of a monitor task?

Sep 29, 2016 at 11:16 PM
Edited Sep 29, 2016 at 11:46 PM
the problem I have now is I can link my playon task to the playon folder monitor but when the job is sumitted through the CLI it actually gets picked up twice both by the playon task and the plex task. I have primarily used the "select monitor locations" I dont see anythign else under expert, am I missing something?

Update: to reply to your question of why CLI. one is for playon recordings which watched folder works great. the other is for plex dvr , basically the trouble is if i pass to MCEbuddy after it is recorded Gracenote metadata is lost. However plex dvr allows for scripts to be run so i can pass the CLI commands through a bat file and after MCEbuddy removes commercials and makes it a mkv then plex adds the gracenote metadata.

here is a link to the guide.
https://www.reddit.com/r/PleX/comments/52v7vd/guide_commercialfree_experience_with_plex_dvr/

here is the specific issue as stated on that link
"All Gracenote Metadata will be lost this way. Why is that important? Gracenote provides the EPG (electronic program guide) for Plex. When media is finished recording, Plex will start with adding Gracenote-provided metadata. Then it will attempt to enhance it with TVDB metadata. Problems start to arise if you watch your random woodworking show, sports, news and documentaries, everything that doesn't match with TheTVDB. This is especially a problem if the country you're living in doesn't have English as their primary language (TheTVDB has way more content for English stuff). In practice this means that there won't be any item description, photos and the name of the item itself will be the recording date, not a normal name. Gracenote metadata can currently not be saved within the recordings, it's all saved in the Plex Media Server. The moment you replace the original recording with your MCEBuddy converted file, all Gracenote metadata will be lost. But don't worry, there is a way to keep them which brings us to Part 3."
Coordinator
Sep 30, 2016 at 3:59 AM
Select monitor locations is the right thing to look at but that only works for monitored folder and not CLI. Question I was trying to understand is why are you using a CLI and not a monitor task to pick up files?

Sep 30, 2016 at 1:16 PM
see the previous post, it explains why i need CLI for plex dvr, thanks
Coordinator
Sep 30, 2016 at 2:01 PM
I did and I don't see it. I see what you're trying to do I don't see why you're trying use a CLI, what is it that cannot be through a monitor task that needs a CLI?

Sep 30, 2016 at 3:11 PM
as i stated above plex dvr uses gracenote metadata for the accurate placing of metadata to recorded shows. if the shows are picked up from a watched folder that is stripped and data is attempted to be found which is often correct but with lesser known shows often wrong. the process of mcebuddy and commercial removal needs to occur before plex has applied that data after recording. once the data is moved from the temp recording folder to the final plex recording folder it is too late. the data will be stripped. they allow for procedures to be ran between the time they take the temp file, match the data with grace note and then move to the permanent folder. in essence you can do something to it before they finalize it. I need to run it through mcebuddy before plex finalizes it so that they then apple the gracenote metadata. so it is record - > tempfolder -. procedure to be ran in this case mcebuddy - . back to plex to finish metadata matching and moving to folders. if you dont use cli you are only picking the file up AFTER plex has finished and thus stripping the gracenote metadata and thats not what I want.
Coordinator
Sep 30, 2016 at 4:05 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 10/14/2016 at 7:38 AM
Coordinator
Sep 30, 2016 at 4:06 PM
Okay will work on seeing how to provide an option to link Manual inputs to conversion tasks

Sep 30, 2016 at 4:49 PM

Thank you, that would be very helpful.

Sep 30, 2016 at 6:55 PM
rboy1 wrote:
Okay will work on seeing how to provide an option to link Manual inputs to conversion tasks
Would be awesome if you can simply untick (ticked by default) Manual added files under Expert Settings -> Selection Filter for each conversion task.
Sep 30, 2016 at 7:54 PM
also since you you cant specify a conversion task when submitting via CLI maybe you could select or tag a conversion task to be the default for CLI instead of all of them picking it up
Coordinator
Oct 2, 2016 at 12:20 PM
Not sure if we can have a separate task for CLI but working on having an option to have conversion tasks linked to manually added files which will cover CLI + the Add button + Drag and Drop (the engine can't differentiate between the three).

Oct 2, 2016 at 1:34 PM
Edited Oct 2, 2016 at 1:35 PM
rboy1 wrote:
Not sure if we can have a separate task for CLI but working on having an option to have conversion tasks linked to manually added files which will cover CLI + the Add button + Drag and Drop (the engine can't differentiate between the three).
Should be sufficient for what GoPack is trying to do.
Oct 5, 2016 at 2:28 PM
i assume this would have to be part of a new beta?
Oct 13, 2016 at 3:29 AM
Any news on this or timeframe when something may be beta?
Coordinator
Oct 13, 2016 at 12:21 PM
Hopefully but this month end.

Oct 13, 2016 at 4:07 PM

Thank you very much

Coordinator
Oct 14, 2016 at 3:14 PM
maddygoose has implemented this, try today's BETA build.

Oct 14, 2016 at 3:34 PM

Thanks, when I click the beta folder that has todays date it is empty

Coordinator
Oct 14, 2016 at 3:39 PM
It'll be up later today

Oct 15, 2016 at 2:34 AM

Worked perfect, thanks for the workaround.