This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

MCEBuddy doesn't see new recordings

Sep 30, 2016 at 5:24 AM
Hi all,

As of the 26th, MCEBuddy doesn't see new recordings in the recorded tv directory. Nothing's changed - it's just stopped. If I manually add the files, they convert fine, but beyond that, not so much.

Any ideas?

Thanks! Will.
Sep 30, 2016 at 6:35 AM
What does MCEBuddy.log say? Try to locate a filename you know it should pickup but doesn't in the log and see the reason. Most likely the filenames are identical to something converted previously.

Sep 30, 2016 at 8:59 PM
It doesn't seem to say anything. It's like it's just not seeing anything else there.

Link to the logs: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AipRNNbyPsCgm9ABNbLZbAYaM2k5kg

Many thanks! WIll.
Sep 30, 2016 at 9:12 PM
Can give an example of a filename it should have picked up

Oct 1, 2016 at 11:17 PM
Real Time With Bill Maher_2016-09-30_HBOCP.ts (I just checked the file - it's not copy protected)
Oct 2, 2016 at 1:19 PM
MCEBuddy can't even access/read the file (can't see it) and I suspect it's because of either trouble with your network connection, authentication or the permission on the file. I see this error. Looks like you're connecting is being reset in the middle of reading a file and then Windows can't authenticate it and can't read files:

2016-09-30T00:05:21 MCEBuddy.MetaData.VideoMetaData --> Trying to extract Original Broadcast Date and Time from Filename
ERROR> 2016-09-30T00:05:21 MCEBuddy.Engine.QueueManager --> Add manual files terminated.
ERROR : Index and length must refer to a location within the string.
Parameter name: length
2016-09-30T00:05:21 MCEBuddy.Engine.QueueManager --> Attempting to connect to network share \\MEDIA10\Recorded TV
ERROR> --> Unable to connect to network location \\MEDIA10\Recorded TV
Domain name:
Username:Guest
Password:
Return code is 1219
Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name, are not allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again

Oct 3, 2016 at 4:25 AM
Could this be because I changed MCEBuddy to do multiple encodes at a time? That's the only thing that's changed in the entire set up.

Thanks! Will.
Oct 3, 2016 at 4:32 AM
This is the last entry in the log (I newly re-created the source / monitor directory):
ERROR> 2016-10-02T20:30:18 MCEBuddy.Engine.QueueManager --> Unable to search for files in location \MEDIA10\Recorded TV for monitor task New Share
ERROR : Index and length must refer to a location within the string.
Parameter name: length
I don't understand what that means in this context.

Thanks! Will.
Oct 3, 2016 at 1:43 PM
You know what, thanks for pointing that out, we just figured it out. It's the filename that throwing MCEBuddy off and causing an exception.
Dancing With the Stars_20160926_KGO.ts is being parsed a nPVR filename but the Date and Time are missing and it's expecting it and instead gets a KGO. We should have put a exception check there but missed it. Will fix it in today's build.

Oct 3, 2016 at 8:53 PM
Just downloaded the new build - works great. Thanks!