This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Turn off/delete EDL file instead of moving it to the output directory

Oct 2, 2016 at 1:40 PM
Not sure if I missed an option but apparently some users have the problem that when you only mark commercial as chapters (not remove them), Comskip/ShowAnalyzer will create an EDL file. MCEBuddy automatically moves the EDL file to the output directory.

Here is the problem:
Plex DVR won't move the recording when a EDL file is present.

Is there an option to delete the EDL file which I missed?

As a workaround using a CustomCommand like this should work:
CustomCommandParameters="/c del /q "%edlfile%""
but it would be great if we could get an option for this in the GUI (turn on/off EDL file).
Coordinator
Oct 4, 2016 at 12:17 PM
Yes that's true when you scan for chapters but don't want to actually cut them and instead only mark then it will generate a EDL file. If you don't want the EDL file when why even scan for chapters? Just turn commercial detection off

Oct 4, 2016 at 12:51 PM
Edited Oct 4, 2016 at 12:53 PM
rboy1 wrote:
If you don't want the EDL file when why even scan for chapters? Just turn commercial detection off
Because the chapters are marked/added then within the .MKV (or other filetype) file.
We don't need the EDL file for Plex, only the chapters within the file.
Coordinator
Oct 7, 2016 at 7:16 AM
Your custom command is the easiest way to do it. Putting another option in the UI would make it more complicated.

Oct 7, 2016 at 6:58 PM
Edited Oct 7, 2016 at 6:58 PM
rboy1 wrote:
Your custom command is the easiest way to do it. Putting another option in the UI would make it more complicated.
It's definitely not the easiest way for the user. The most convenient way for you as a developer for sure because you don't have to change the UI.
Hopefully you will reconsider and add EDL on/off to the GUI.
Coordinator
Oct 7, 2016 at 8:23 PM
It isn't about changing the UI it's about complexity of the options. This is a non standard use case and specific to small set if users. Adding an option that says don't copy EDL will only serve to confuse 99% of users of MCEBuddy who don't even know what a EDL file is

Oct 7, 2016 at 8:47 PM
So why do you have a section for Expert Settings? Why is every option explained if you hover over it?
I don't see your point.