This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Can MCEBuddy Exclude Hidden Directories from the Monitored Folder

Oct 8, 2016 at 2:41 PM
Edited Oct 8, 2016 at 2:42 PM
Hi,

I'm yet another who found MCEBuddy through the Plex DVR Beta. I'm using it to process shows via CIFS network mounts to a FreeNAS file server.

The DVR file structure looks like this:

/dvr/.grab/[some long number per each tuner]/show.mkv
/dvr/show 1/season 01/show.mkv
/dvr/show 2/season 02/show.mkv

Plex records the program in the .grab directory and then moves it to the proper show directory once the download/stream is complete.

So, when you setup a monitoring directory, you have to include subdirectories.

I have noticed that MCEB sometimes attempts to process the files being downloaded/streamed from the HD Homerun in the .grab directory. This results in the file being lost.

I don't know enough about the architecture to know what your intent is, but it would be ideal if MCEB could exclude hidden directories, or alternatively allow the user to exclude directories.
Oct 8, 2016 at 3:23 PM
Yes we will be looking into this feature in the next release

Oct 8, 2016 at 5:51 PM
Edited Oct 8, 2016 at 5:51 PM
@Bollar
Just as a headsup, the way you have currently set up MCEBuddy with Plex DVR results in losing all Gracenote Metadata. The recommended way to use MCEBuddy with Plex DVR is using the postprocessing option.
Oct 8, 2016 at 7:01 PM
@Wildesire Understood. However, I'm post-processing on another machine. When I evaluated potential ways to use Plex's post-processing option in that scenario, it wound up looking like a complicated scripting exercise. You may have seen that I proposed an alternative way to deal with that problem here: https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/238573/suggestion-allow-plex-dvr-to-scan-a-separate-post-processed-directory#latest

In the meantime, if MCEBuddy can exclude the .grab directory, it greatly simplifies my workload and I'll live without the Gracenote data.

Of course, if you have other ideas on how to get this done, I'd appreciate the help!
Oct 8, 2016 at 7:14 PM
Just wanted to make sure you know about the Gracenote problem. Using the postprocessing on another machine than the one who records makes things complicated indeed. Can't think of a clean, simple solution for this. You'd have to run two scripts.
Oct 21, 2016 at 1:05 AM
Added support to exclude folders from the monitoring tasks in today's 2.4.6 BETA build (Expert Settings)

Dec 21, 2016 at 9:28 PM
Edited Dec 21, 2016 at 9:56 PM
Was this removed from 2.4.7 ??? I don't see it - OK reading the change log there is no box to tick it just does it? I was on 2.4.5 - now on 2.4.7
Jan 9 at 4:03 PM
No it's still there, now in Expert Settings under monitor tasks to exclude folders