This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Archive original recording

Oct 16, 2016 at 2:07 PM
I have MCEBuddy set up to monitor a particular path on my NAS (mapped to the Z drive) and to place the resulting mp4 file (8x smaller) on a different path on my NAS.

This is working.

However, I can't seem to get it to move the original file. The 'monitored' folder just fills up with old, wtv files.

There is an option to 'archive' the original version and I believe I have this set up correctly (to an archive folder also on the NAS). Any way of debugging this ... or suggestions on getting it to work?
Oct 16, 2016 at 7:58 PM
Go through the MCEBuddy.log to see what's going on. Search by filename

Oct 16, 2016 at 8:43 PM
Thx for that hint. I didn't appreciated that it logged so much stuff ... or is it guff until you need it?

this is what I found ...
INFORMATION> 2016-10-16T01:23:27 MCEBuddy.Engine.Core --> Job for \\FREENAS\DuffleBag\Media\Processing\Plex-MCEBuddy-in\Conviction_WCVBDT_2016_10_03_21_51_00.wtv completed
2016-10-16T01:23:27 MCEBuddy.Engine.Core --> Archiving original file \\FREENAS\DuffleBag\Media\Processing\Plex-MCEBuddy-in\Conviction_WCVBDT_2016_10_03_21_51_00.wtv to Archive folder Z:\Media\Processing\MCEBuddyArchive
ERROR> 2016-10-16T01:23:27 MCEBuddy.Engine.Core --> Unable to move original file \\FREENAS\DuffleBag\Media\Processing\Plex-MCEBuddy-in\Conviction_WCVBDT_2016_10_03_21_51_00.wtv to Archive folder Z:\Media\Processing\MCEBuddyArchive
ERROR> 2016-10-16T01:23:27 MCEBuddy.Engine.Core --> Error : System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.File.InternalMove(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean checkHost)
   at MCEBuddy.Util.FileIO.MoveAndInheritPermissions(String source, String destination)
   at MCEBuddy.Engine.Core.MonitorThread()
INFORMATION> 2016-10-16T01:23:27 MCEBuddy.Engine.Core --> Job for \\FREENAS\DuffleBag\Media\Processing\Plex-MCEBuddy-in\Conviction_WCVBDT_2016_10_03_21_51_00.wtv converted successfully to \\FREENAS\DuffleBag\Media\Processing\Plex-MCEBuddy-out\Conviction\Season 01\S01E01-Pilot.mp4 using Conversion Task ConvTask and Profile MP4 Normal
Now ... 'Z:\Media\Processing\MCEBuddyArchive' exists (I am looking at it). does it need a '\' on the end?

My NAS is mapped to my 'Z' drive.

I also noticed that all of the other references to my NAS are in the form '\FREENAS\DuffleBag\Media\Processing\Plex-MCEBuddy-in\' ... do I need to change the archive folder address to use the same form?
Oct 16, 2016 at 9:40 PM
Edited Oct 16, 2016 at 9:41 PM
... and while I have you here ...

Section Custom File Renaming Pattern (v2.1.6+) on the codeplex wiki page contains the following ...
E.g.: Recording\%ismovie%<Movie\%showname%,TVShows\%showname%\Season %season%\%showname% - S%season%##E%episode%##>-Converted
Will produce:
    Recording\Movies\Star Wars-Converted.<ext> (for a movie)
OR
    Recording\TVShows\CSI\Season 1\CSI - S01E02-Converted.<ext> (for non movies)
... am I right in thinking that there is a small typo in the EG part ... in that it should be 'Recording\%ismovie%<Movies\' ('s' at the end of Movie) if you want the Recording/Movies directory?

Part 2 ... if I want the show name and the release year (for Plex) ... which of the parameters will give me this?
%premiereyear% - Premiere Air Year (v2.3.14+)
%airyear% - Year of air date
%recordyear% - Year of record date
Oct 17, 2016 at 5:01 PM
The directories should NOT end with a \

Thanks for the typo note in the wiki, will have it corrected

The parameter depends on your source metadata and what it provides. airyear typically refers to the year the "series" was originally aired. Record year is when the video was recorded and premieryear refers to the year the "movie" was released

Oct 17, 2016 at 5:10 PM
correction the premieryear refers to the year the series was premiered and airyear refers to the year when the series/movie was released/aired

Oct 18, 2016 at 12:53 AM
Edited Oct 19, 2016 at 7:08 AM
Archive is working! I used ...
\\FREENAS\DuffleBag\Media\Processing\MCEBuddyArchive
... and it worked.

Now I just need to get the converted name code right and I am 'off to the races'.
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 10/18/2016 at 5:12 PM
Oct 19, 2016 at 1:12 AM
Yes I forgot to mention you cannot use mapped drives (see the FAQ's), since MCEbuddy runs in kernel space, user mapped drives don't work there. You need to use absolute network paths and also enter the credentials
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 10/18/2016 at 5:12 PM
Oct 19, 2016 at 7:13 AM
Here is the code that I am using to name the output files ...
%ismovie%<Movies-TV\%showname% (%airyear%)\%showname% (%airyear%),TV Shows\%showname%\Season %season%##\S%season%##E%episode%##-%episodename%>
With the above, a movie comes out like ...
\Movies-TV\Terminator 3 Rise of the Machines (2003)\Terminator 3 Rise of the Machines (2003).mp4
... and a TV show comes out like ...
\TV Shows\Timeless\Season 01\S01E03-Atomic City.mp4
Note that both of these path / file names get appended to the 'destination' path (eg \FREENAS\DuffleBag\Media\Plex) and Plex will pick these up and add them to my plex library automatically.