This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Installation Error 1001. The specified service does not exist

Nov 14, 2016 at 3:20 AM
Issues with MCEBuddy first time ever installation on Win7. I tried many times to install and verified every time files from previous attempts were deleted. I am getting the following sequence of screens: "Installing MCEBuddy 2.x", "MCEBuddy comes with Comskip... Press OK", "MCEBuddy suggest installing Haali... OK", and "MCEBuddy comes with Comskip commercial detection... Press OK if you would like to install ShowAnalyzer". In all these prompts I had to click OK otherwise it would erase the installation. After the last step I am getting "Error 1001. The specified service already exists" and of course the installation fails. Other installations in this machine are HDHomerun, Windows Media Center and Nero12 Video. Your help is greatly appreciated.
Coordinator
Nov 15, 2016 at 10:56 PM
See the Documentation page, Installation Issues page, this issue has been addressed there with details steps on how to fix it. Your Windows installer is the issue.
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 11/15/2016 at 3:56 PM
Nov 18, 2016 at 2:01 AM
The solution was in the sequence of installation. MCEBuddy must be installed before HDHomerun.