This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

RecordHour in local time instead of UTC (version 2.4.6)?

Nov 18, 2016 at 5:50 PM
Hi,

I am using the following template to name converted files with MCEBuddy 2.4.6:

%showname% - S%season%##E%episode%## - %episodename% - %recordyear%%recordmonth%%recordday%%recordhour%%recordminute%

The resulting file seems to use UTC time instead of local time for the record date. My machine is in Eastern time (UTC-05:00) . Here is a sample conversion:

Source: America's Court With Judge Ross_WLNY_2016_11_17_10_00_00.wtv
Destination: America's Court With Judge Ross - S07E82 - Drain My Bank Account...Much; Wrong Tooth - 201611171500.mp4

Is there a way to use local time instead of UTC for the value of %RecordHour% ?
Nov 22, 2016 at 7:28 AM
Can you please upload your entire conversion log and post the link to it here. It should be reporting it in local time so we'd like to see what's going on.

Nov 24, 2016 at 3:22 PM
Hi,

Here is a link to the conversion log: LINK

Note: I removed the lines that contained my email address.
Dec 1, 2016 at 4:01 PM
Thanks for the log, from the metadata I'm seeing that the file is reporting that your recording time is:
WM/WMRVEncodeTime: 2016-11-17 15:00:06
It's showing a 3pm recording time. Not sure how to handle this as MCEBuddy goes by the metadata in the file. Is it just this channel or all channels?
Dec 1, 2016 at 6:40 PM
It would be all channels, it is how WMC adds the metadata.

The WM/WMRVEncodeTime has always been UTC time, so for me in Central Time Zone in the US I'm UTC -6 hours

Designated survivor recorded last night at 2016-11-30 21:00:00 my time, WM/WMRVEncodeTime shows 2016-12-01 03:00:02 in the metadata.

Even Silicon Dusts does same thing....my nightly News cast filename is KARE 11 News at 10 [20161201-0400], but it was recorded on 11/30 at 10:00pm, the SD file shows a record time of StartTime":1480564800. Which MCEBuddy translates to RecordedDateTime: 2016-12-01T03:59:31

I've just gotten used to my News shows and some others to be a day off.... so this morning I watched my News 12/1 file......recorded on 11/30 :)

Now if there was some way for MCEBuddy to take into consideration our time zone, that we could set up in the config "recordyearzone" "recorddayzone", etc

I used to run a script like this to set the date correctly, ignoring the time

echo wscript.echo ^(Date^(^)- 1^)>yesterday.vbs
for /f %%a in ('cscript //nologo yesterday.vbs') do set ydate1=%%a

:Next2
REM - SET DATE IN SHOWS AND ARTWORK
REM - SET YESTERDAYS DATE FOR KARE 11 NEWS
for /f "delims=" %%x in ('dir /od /a-d /b "KARE 11 News at 10.mp4"') do set recent2=%%x
if Not Exist "%recent2%" (
goto Next3 )
"C:\Program Files (x86)\DVRMSToolbox\Applications\AtomicParsley\AtomicParsley.exe" "%recent2%" --overWrite --TVEpisode "%ydate1%" --TVSeasonNum "%date:~10,4%" --title "%ydate1%" --TVEpisodeNum "%date:~4,2%%date:~7,2%" --artwork "D:\iTunes\Album Artwork\kare11_news.jpg"
Dec 2, 2016 at 11:24 PM
Hmm. Our research had this pegged at local time and not UtC hence we are treating it like local time. Do you have a reference about it being UtC. This actually comes in 2 forms. QWord and String and assumed that both are local time. Usually it's QWORD but in your case it's a string. String is something new we noticed sometime ago. I wonder if the string is UTC and QWord local time.
Dec 3, 2016 at 4:05 AM
It definitely is UTC/GMT, it changes from -5 to -6 to -5 with daylight savings :) for my central time zone here in the US.

This site talks about the QWord http://www.techtalkz.com/windows-media/86313-wm-encodingtime.html and timezone.

MCEBuddy even references UTC time in the changelog

Changelog for 2.3.6 (32bit and 64bit)
2.Fixed a bug in Original Broadcast Date and Time. Original Broadcast Date and Time is reported in UTC timezone in WTV metadata. TVDB and MovieDB dates are reported in network timezone. It is assumed the video is recorded and converted on the same machine, i.e. local timezone and network timezone are same.

Most sites I google for this enough, end with MCDBuddy does what you are looking for :)
Dec 6, 2016 at 6:59 PM
Edited Dec 6, 2016 at 7:01 PM
You're correct, the DT is reported as UTC for WTV files (not so for other formats). The fix we had applied in 2.3.6 was for the Original Broadcast DT and not Recording DT and also for converting the timezone to local timezone while report it via custom commands or custom rename, but since it's still being read as LocalTime instead of UTC the timezone was never completely fixed for Recording DT. This has now been fixed in 2.4.7 BETA please try it out. Thanks for reporting it.
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 12/6/2016 at 11:06 AM