This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Is ffmpeg advanced "Dynamic Audio Normalizer" Available in MCEBuddy 2.4.x

Nov 19, 2016 at 1:32 AM
I'm trying to 'normalize' audio for movies and series with different sources or that were recorded using different settings.
I saw that there was a feature available in ffmpeg that allowed to 'normalize audio' not using the AC3 method, but by

Dynamic Audio Normalizer the developer site says that it is available in ffmpeg FFmpeg Integration Usage

I have tried adding the syntax's ffmpeg 6.43 dynaudnorm to access these parameters, but I have not been able to discern any difference in the outputted files.

these are the two modified lines of code I have tried (or at least, the latest ones I have tried) :/
ffmpeg-audio=-acodec libfdk_aac -af dynaudnorm -ab 256k -cutoff 18000
ffmpeg-audioac3=-acodec libfdk_aac -af dynaudnorm -ab 448k -cutoff 18000
Does anyone else have experience with this setting or getting the same results (consistent audio between playback sources) with another setting/parameter?

note: I don't mind trying out several settings to get it right; but transcoding the audio multiple times will surely make for a poor listening experience -- so I would like to do this once and not regret it. :)

thanks,
Dec 4, 2016 at 11:03 PM
It should work, let us know what you find out.