This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

IMDB issues (Jan 2017)?

Jan 17 at 4:38 AM
Edited Jan 18 at 3:42 PM
Just curious if there's something new going on with IMDB lookups - my recordings are all getting items like this in the log:
WARNING> --> Unable to connect to IMDB
Error -> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.
   at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uri address, WebRequest& request)
   at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(Uri address)
   at MCEBuddy.MetaData.IMDB.DownloadMovieDetails(VideoTags videoTags, Boolean dontOverwriteTitle, Log jobLog, Int32 offset)
WARNING> 2017-01-16T23:18:51 MCEBuddy.MetaData.VideoMetaData --> IMDB failed
A more detailed log though it doesn't seem to have anything additional relevant to this issue (I turned back the logging a bit yesterday):
INFORMATION> 2017-01-15T21:06:35 MCEBuddy.MetaData.VideoMetaData --> Checking IMDB
--> Searching IMDB Series with result offset 0 and overwrite title True
Error -> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.
   at MCEBuddy.MetaData.IMDB.DownloadSeriesDetails(Boolean matchByAirDate, VideoTags videoTags, Boolean dontOverwriteTitle, Log jobLog, Int32 offset)
--> Searching IMDB Series with result offset 0 and overwrite title True
   at MCEBuddy.MetaData.IMDB.DownloadSeriesDetails(Boolean matchByAirDate, VideoTags videoTags, Boolean dontOverwriteTitle, Log jobLog, Int32 offset)
WARNING> 2017-01-15T21:06:36 MCEBuddy.MetaData.VideoMetaData --> IMDBApi failed
Did IMDB change their API recently?
Feb 21 at 1:52 AM
I have the same issue... i recently upgraded from 2.3.13 to the new 2.4.6 and my naming convention doesn't work and showing errors for IMDB also...
Feb 21 at 1:32 PM
I have always had issues on some shows, maybe to obscure, but other shows are still working just fine.
Feb 22 at 1:04 AM
Yes the website API is rejecting requests. We're looking for alternatives.