This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

H.264 bitstream error, startcode missing

Apr 7 at 5:07 PM
Trying to process Legion S01E07, and get MANY of the following errors:

MCEBuddy.AppWrapper.FFmpeg --> [mpegts @ 00000000004efb60] H.264 bitstream error, startcode missing, size <varies> data <varies>

First time I've had any issues with processing any of my recorded shows.
Coordinator
Apr 8 at 1:21 AM
it's an issue with the recordings, possibly your tv tuner card firmware was updated or driver updated. If so roll it back.
Apr 8 at 3:42 PM
The only updates would have been MS updates (Windows 7). The recordings are also from PlayOn not OTA. I'll look to see what new MS updates have gone in this last few weeks to see if any of those could be an issue. I tried to do S01E08 also, and had the same error, so something on the system changed, clearly.
Apr 8 at 5:53 PM
Edited Apr 8 at 5:54 PM
Strange...did a test by making a recording from another PlayOn channel (NBC - Timeless S01E02) and the process works fine and completes the task. Will try another program from the same channel as Legion (FXNow) to see if its the entire channel causing issues or just this show (Episode 1-6 worked fine, then 7-8 don't). Still could be a change to my system that caused the problem though...more testing to come. BTW, the unprocessed original recording file plays normally (with the commercials and all) no issues.
Apr 8 at 8:34 PM
Recorded another program from FXNow and it was processed just fine too. Hmm....something just with the Legion episodes 7+ (1-6 had auto processed fine).