This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Logs full of errors and warnings, but no useful information

Apr 22 at 10:15 PM
Edited Apr 25 at 5:17 PM
Happy user for two years, occasional questioner . . .

I just upgraded my processor to an i7 Ivy Bridge 3770K, in order to enable QuickSync. As nearly as I can tell, it seems to have accelerated the process considerably, BUT

My logs are still full of error messages, and there are these other issues that may not be important, but since I really like everything to work as it should, they make me a little crazy. These are:

1) in the mcebuddy.log, there are vast numbers of identical entries that look like this:

WARNING> 2017-04-22T15:57:37 MCEBuddy.Engine.QueueManager --> Manually selected file E:\Recorded TV\W._SZHDw_2017_04_11_22_58_00.wtv does not exist or MCEBuddy doesn't have read permissions, skipping

The thing is, the files (there are about a dozen of them in the repeated list) have been gone from the directory referenced for a long time. But the logfile references almost nothing except these errors, which are meaningless, but annoying.

2) The individual processing logs look like this one:

WARNING> 2017-04-22T13:07:22 MCEBuddy.MetaData.VideoMetaData --> Error reading WM Artwork -> System.ArgumentNullException: Buffer cannot be null.
Parameter name: buffer
at System.IO.MemoryStream..ctor(Byte[] buffer, Boolean writable)
at MCEBuddy.MetaData.VideoMetaData.ExtractMCETags()
WARNING> --> Unable to connect to IMDB
Error -> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.
at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uri address, WebRequest& request)
at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(Uri address)
at MCEBuddy.MetaData.IMDB.DownloadMovieDetails(VideoTags videoTags, Boolean dontOverwriteTitle, Log jobLog, Int32 offset)
WARNING> 2017-04-22T13:07:23 MCEBuddy.MetaData.VideoMetaData --> IMDB failed
WARNING> --> Cannot find Episode Name
WARNING> --> Cannot find PremiereYear
etc.

There's all that stuff about not being able to connect to IMDB. I've enabled a hole in my firewall for both MCEBuddy and IMDB, but I still get this.

So I'm wondering if there's an .INI file somewhere that contains settings that I can tweak. I'm not finding anything useful in what I've looked at, but I'm not for sure about some of what I'm looking at.

Perhaps you could help me out? I'd surely appreciate it.

Thanks for what you do, and best regards,
Mike Shelton
May 3 at 11:11 PM
Edited May 3 at 11:12 PM
The thing is, the files (there are about a dozen of them in the repeated list) have been gone from the directory referenced for a long time. But the logfile references almost nothing except these errors, which are meaningless, but annoying.
you have a file called manualqueue in the config directory of mcebuddy, delete it. These were files you added manually at some point but then deleted it without letting mcebuddy process them so it keep retrying.
There's all that stuff about not being able to connect to IMDB
Are you on the latest 2.4.7 BETA build of MCEBuddy lots of metadata enhancements there which should solve your issue.