2.3.15 release is available through the Early Access Program. Refer to https://mcebuddy2x.codeplex.com/discussions/439439 to get access to the latest releases.
All new Hardware Encoding (10x faster than 2.3.13) with 100+ new features and enhancements.
Refer to Release Notes for complete list of changes.Changelog for 2.3.15 (32bit and 64bit)NEW FEATURES:
1. Added support for auto enabling hardware encoding for handbrake based profiles, option in Conversion Task -> Advanced Settings -> Expert Settings -> Hardware encoding. Ensure that your system has the latest OpenCL 1.2 or later drivers installed. (NOTE: Hardware encoding REQUIRES a user to be logged into the system either on the console locally or using remote desktop). If no user is logged into the system, it will fallback to non hardware encoding.
4. Added support for TiVO fast transfer (TS) files decoding through directshow streams extraction (needs TiVO Desktop installed. Also, ensure MCEBuddy is running as a Command Line Engine, TiVO Directshow will not work with the engine running as a Service due to Windows limitations.)
6. Added support for H264 and AAC audio in WTV files (now WTV Unprocessed profiles support H264 and WTV profile now has H264 video by default)
7. Option under Conversion Task -> Advanced Settings ->Expert Settings to Skip remuxing. DO NOT USE UNLESS ABSOLUTELY SURE.
8. Added support for PreCommercialRemovalCustomCommand (custom command run just before commercial removal. Refer to https://mcebuddy2x.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Conversion%20Process for details on when the custom commands are run)
9. Added support for Unicode filenames (DO NOT REPLACE the default MCEBuddy.conf, Profiles.conf, History and ManualQueue files since these are NEW files with UTF-16 LE Unicode encoding, the old files were NOT UTF files and will mess things up).
10. Added a command line program to remux TiVO files to TS using TiVO Desktop DirectShow filters (for Fast Transfers). Program name is MCEBuddy.RemuxTiVOStreams and the Usage: RemuxTiVOStreams <TiVOFile> <TempPath> <MAK> <AudioLanguage>
11. Added support to read metadata from SageTV Properties file
12. Added option not to overwrite destination converted files in Conversion Task -> Advanced Settings -> Expert Settings -> Do not overwrite files. When enabled this will create a unique filename if the destination file already exists by adding a number e.g. (1) to the end of the file
13. Added option AllowAllCopyRemuxing=true in profiles.conf to keep the original video codec format. By default MCEBuddy will now only copy remux mpeg1, mpeg2 and mpeg4 video into TS, all other video codecs will be remuxed into MPEG2 unless this option is specified. Refer to documentation for more details.
14. Added support for CLI through MCEBuddy.UserCLI.exe. Added support for start, stop, pause, resume, rescan, addfile, removejob, priority, deletehistoryitem, enable/disable UPnP, enable/disable Firewall exception and optional server name and port. Refer to CLI help for supported command and usage details
15. Added new iPod, Roku, Roku3 and Kindle Fire profiles
16. Added new TS Compressed (H.264 in TS), AVI (H.264 in AVI) and WTV Legacy (for extenders that don’t support H.264 in WTV like Linksys DMA2100 and Ceton Echo) profiles.BUGFIXES:
17. Fixed major bug where WTV and DVRMS Streams remuxing fails
18. Fixed issue with WTV files not playing back on Windows 7/8 and Xbox extender due to Windows Update KB2670838
19. Fixed issue when monitoring directories, if one file/directory was in accessible due to security issues, it would stop scanning any further
23. Fixed downloading issue with TV.com, now matches episode name before trying to match original air date
28. Fixed an issue with MEncoder remux from avi to mp4 MP4Box failing
30. Fixed issue with 32bit command line engine crashing on 64bit windows (you need to start the GUI manually)
34. Fixed handling –X for fixed resolution for handbrake
36. Fixed a bug with 2Pass ffmpeg profiles (HighQuality MP4/MKV) where conversion would fail when volume was increased/decreased
37. Fixed a bug in automatic quality detection with handbrake profiles
38. Fixed a major bug which did not save changes to the eMail settings
40. Fixed issue with TS files having multiple video streams
41. Moved files have same case as converted file since XBMC needs files (edl, srt etc) with exact same case as the converted file
42. Fixed issue with some video segments not getting merged after commercial removal due to issue with AVIDemux
45. Fix for MCEBuddy GUI app preventing machine from shutting down/restarting
46. Fix for hanging when extracting streams in some cases due to windows infinite loop
47. Fixed issue for Scheduler when Start Time is after End time. Now the Start time is used for the enabled days of the week, whereas the end time is either on the same day or the next day of the start time is after the end time.
50. Fixed a bug which would cause the engine to hang if stop or delete is pressed when there are a long number of jobs in the queue or while the engine was paused
51. Fixed issue with custom frame rates not working when using handbrake encoder
52. Fixed value for %workingpath% in CustomCommands
53. Fixed issue with handbrake based hardware encoding MP4 remuxed to WTV profile not playing back on Media Center and Xbox360
55. Fixed issue with divx aspect ratio support with new ffmpeg build
56. Fixed issue with some stuttering videos due to avidemux commercial cutting
57. By default if no username is entered for network files, Guest is used to authenticate
58. Fixed bug with WMV files not maintaining aspect ratio (16:9 or 4:3)
59. Fix for wrong video duration being reported when using WTV profilesENHANCEMENTS:
60. Put a limit on the mcebuddy.log file (50MB) after which it clears itself
62. Now you can rename conversion tasks (new tasks are added to the bottom, you can also use this to reorder conversion tasks)
64. Added support for -crf to set constant quality in ffmpeg profiles
66. Improved handling of no video or no audio recordings
70. Reload the configuration when the user clicks on Settings button so that any changes made to the MCEBuddy.conf file manually while the engine was stopped are captured
73. Added support for Monitoring Converted Files in Monitor Location -> Expert Settings. This can be useful when trying to link the output of one conversion task to the input for another conversion/monitor task (Daisy Chaining). CAUTION: USE THIS ONLY IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU’RE DOING. Otherwise it can lead to an infinite conversion loop of converted files in some cases.
74. Fixed manual file addition not being removed from ManualQueue tracker if the file is locked
77. Added support for burning subtitles in ffmpeg profiles using the command ffmpeg-subtitleburn=true. Don’t forget to enable Closed Caption Extraction or have a valid SRT file with your source video to use this option. (Refer to the documentation for more details)
78. Added ShowType for Sports for filtering and also added %issport% for custom renaming and custom commands (Refer to documentation for more details)
79. Added support for regular expressions to evaluate and replace showname titles in metadata corrections under Conversion Tasks -> Expert Settings (start the pattern with regex:)
80. Added support for using network path with authentication for temp folder, connects using authentication from Setttings -> Expert Settings -> General Authentication
83. Speed up the conversion by about 10% when using handbrake profiles by only running crop detection for ffmpeg and mencoder at runtime
84. Added support for relative paths in CustomCommandPath and 2 new CustomCommand parameters, CustomCommandUISession and CustomCommandShowWindow. Refer to documentation for more details.
85. Improved responsiveness of engine/GUI when dealing with large directories for monitoring and history files for syncing converted files
86. Improved the accuracy of metadata lookup from the internet. Now it compares the original air date by local timezone and GMT against the databases to avoid midnight timezone issues.
87. We now get the Posters (larger size) for the video thumbnails where possible and then fallback to FanArt and finally Banners
89. Added option in Monitor Task Expert settings to remonitor recorded videos (can help if the recording software does not create unique names for each recording)
90. Added support for prioritize original broadcast air date for downloading series information. Found under Conversion Task -> Advanced Settings -> Expert Settings -> Corrections -> Prioritize air date matching
91. Added option to skip eMail body for SMS gateways in Expert Settings -> Skip eMail body
92. Added support to rename only Copy protected files (DRM)
93. While renaming only added option to filter selection by Copy Protection type under Conversion Task -> Advanced Settings -> Expert Settings -> DRM
94. Added support for copying SageTV Properties file via the CopyPropertiesFile=true option in profiles.conf (refer to documentation for more details)
96. Added option to disable downloading cover art in Conversion Tasks -> Advanced Settings -> Expert Settings -> Corrections
100. Added support for %destinationpath% in CustomCommands
104. Added support for TMDB for TV show metadata look up
105. Added hang detection for streams extraction
106. If there is no Original Broadcast Date metadata extracted from the file/XML file, now try to parse the filename to extract the Original Broadcast Date in the format: SHOWNAMEAIRDATE
AIRTIME.<ext> where AIRDATE is in YYYYMMDD format and AIRTIME is in HHMMHHMM (Start and End) format (AIRTIME is optional)
108. Added support to extract ICETV metadata from XML files (from TV Scheduler Pro)
109. Renamed profiles AVI MPEG-2 Unprocessed to AVI Unprocessed and AVI to AVI MPEG