This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.


H.264 WTV issues


Hello, using a haupauge colossus to capture off a dish network HD set top box. When using the WMC pluggin for the card it creates H.264 recordings in a WTV container. MCEBuddy can both see and work with these files. Unfortunately the end result is a larger file than the original, in spite of having 10-18 minutes of commercials removed. Also the output video seems to have some form of distortion with anything in motion, be it the whole scene or just a character from the scene. I do not know if this is because of the remuxing process, but I would guess the reason the output files are larger is because the h.264 codec was dropped.

Is there any way to simply dump certain portions of the file (the commercials), and not change the file in any way ?

Thanks you for any time you can share with me on this.
Closed Feb 14, 2013 at 2:12 AM by rboy1


rboy1 wrote Feb 12, 2013 at 4:01 PM

I'm sure you've read the sticky thread on how to handle H264 files. It will answer all your questions

wrote Feb 12, 2013 at 4:01 PM

ZerosInfinite wrote Feb 12, 2013 at 9:27 PM

Thank you for responding,

read the thread you linked... dug up the profiles.conf opened it with notepad... cut and pasted the new profile in at the bottom ... saved and exited

new profile showed up, went to use it and the process was significantly faster I noticed
but. ..
even though I chose the new "MP4 unprocessed" profile... I ended up with a mpeg2-ts ( .ts) file that was twice as large as the original w/ the same image distortion on moving objects.
Calling it a day for now... will do more research tomorrow.
Again thanks for responding have a good one o7

rboy1 wrote Feb 12, 2013 at 10:27 PM

Attach your conversionlog here since I'm able to get this work without any issues. NEed to figure out what's going on.

rboy1 wrote Feb 12, 2013 at 10:28 PM

** Closed by rboy1 2/12/2013 8:01 AM

rboy1 wrote Feb 12, 2013 at 10:28 PM

rboy1 wrote Feb 12, 2013 at 10:57 PM

It's working fine for me with the latest BETA build, I need your logs.

rboy1 wrote Feb 13, 2013 at 6:01 AM

Try the latest BETA build 02132013, it should fix your problems. If they still exist, please attach the log file from the conversion.

rboy1 wrote Feb 14, 2013 at 2:12 AM

wrote Feb 14, 2013 at 2:12 AM

wrote Feb 22, 2013 at 3:08 AM

wrote May 16, 2013 at 1:44 PM