There is an unsaved comment in progress. You will lose your changes if you continue. Are you sure you want to reopen the work item?
MCEBuddy Service haning at 100% CPU
The MCEBuddy Service is having a problem on my computer (Windows 8.1, fresh install tonight) Running MCEBuddy 184.108.40.206. Whenever it begins to pick up a file, the service CPU usage jumps to 100% and stays there indefinitely. It no longer updates the GUI,
and the task never starts. It is definitely the service; I've watched the task manager as this happens.
The logs are unhelpful; they say basically nothing. On the GUI side, you see it begin to work on the file - the last update is that it is "Getting information and banner from Internet sources".
Things I have tested to try to resolve this - none of which have worked:
1) I've turned off auto-scanning for files, and only manually handed it a file.
2) Normally, my source directory is a shared drive on another computer. Trying a local file instead did not fix it.
3) Rebooting the computer and service.
4) Disabling looking up internet metadata.
5) Turning on the firewall exception.
6) Trying multiple profiles for Conversion
7) Changing the Temp directory
The oddest thing - it was working, until I had to reboot the computer after installing other software. It only happens at the beginning of a conversion. It will sit "Idle" indefinitely without any problems.
I have seen this issue happening off and on for a couple of weeks now. The fresh windows install I did tonight was partially in hopes of fixing the issue, but I had it come back before I even installed anything except drivers.
I've attached the logs for the file I am manually starting and mcebuddy both.