This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Glitch in WTV causes truncation

Nov 5, 2012 at 7:42 PM

I've been trying to narrow down what causes "glitches" in my WTV recordings, but the end result is that when MCEBuddy tries to extract the .TS file initially, it only extracts up to the glitch and truncates the rest of the file.  I can play the WTV file fine, but I do see a slight glitch at the point that it would have been truncated, but it continues to play just fine. Is there any way to make it more bulletproof when extracting the TS file?

Also, I've noticed that what appears to be causing the glitch is some part of the processes that MCEbuddy is executing while the recording is being made on the same box. For now I have reduced the occurrence of these "glitches" by using the MCEBuddy schedule to keep it from transcoding during primetime. This seems to have gotten me through the past week of primetime recordings without any glitches. Is there any part of the processes kicked off by MCEBuddy that might be particularly intensive? Like maybe the file copy or the initial TS file extraction? The transcoding process itself uses a lot of CPU but it doesn't seem to cause the glitch itself. It's something, I believe, at the start of the process. I'm running on pretty good hardware, W7 64 bit, i7 processor, separate drives for recording and transcoding. Using HDHomeRun & WMC7 for recording.

Any tips on resolving this would be greatly appreciated!

Coordinator
Nov 6, 2012 at 12:54 AM

I just found a bug in MCEBuddy today which causes excessive IO (even at idle), it is amplified during UI usage which could cause performance degradation.

 

Try the new version 2.3.8 being released and see if it solves your problem

Nov 6, 2012 at 3:24 PM
Thanks for all your work on this! I'll try out the new version. I just sent a donation.

Bill

On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 6:54 PM, rboy1 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: rboy1

I just found a bug in MCEBuddy today which causes excessive IO (even at idle), it is amplified during UI usage which could cause performance degradation.

Try the new version 2.3.8 being released and see if it solves your problem

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (mcebuddy2x@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email mcebuddy2x@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com