Keep files in sync with Media Center?

Dec 6, 2012 at 3:02 PM

It's been a while since I've used MCEBuddy, looks like things have come a long way.  Congratulations!

One of my old feature requests was to keep files in sync with Media Center.  My use case is that I watch TV on the main media center, and when I travel I want to be able to catch up on my series on my iPad.  On Media Center, once I watch something I delete it.  Only the latest, unwatched episodes are on my media center.  When I'm headed to the airport, I'd like to copy over the unwatched files to my iPad.

From a feature perspective, this would mean that MCEBuddy watches my media center folder for deletes and if an original WTV file is deleted then it should also delete the corresponding MCEBuddy converted file.

Without that feature, MCEBuddy would just create a never-ending archive of all my television.

It was marked for inclusion in 2.0, did this feature ever make it in?

-Pete

Coordinator
Dec 6, 2012 at 3:43 PM

No but it's something I look into for the next release.

Dec 6, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Excellent, I look forward to it!

Coordinator
Dec 8, 2012 at 7:26 AM

done, you'll see it in 2.3.11

MCEBuddy ONLY monitors files in the monitor locations. If the file in the monitor location has been delted, MCEBuddy (when option to sync converted files is enabled) will delete all converted files linked to the sources file.

This ONLY works while the enging is running, if the engine is stopped it cannot track user deleted source files.

Dec 8, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Awesome, thanks!

Dec 11, 2012 at 8:56 PM

Is there a place to grab pre-release builds, or should I just wait for the next official build?

Coordinator
Dec 11, 2012 at 9:19 PM

You can always build the app from the latest source code, otherwise you'll just need to wait for a few days. I'm working on some performance enhancements.