Skip/Convert based on keywords?

Dec 7, 2012 at 2:45 AM

Hiya  .. I have a bunch of "junk" shows that are recorded for the kids, or shows that I'm not actively watching; and I'd like to filter which shows are converted as they come in.. Like I could punch in keywords for shows I care about and have just those converted...Plus I have loads of stuff already in there, it would take weeks just to get caught up.. maybe a "don't convert files older than XXX"... or at least start converting the newest first?

Thanks,

Dave

Dec 7, 2012 at 5:29 AM

Advanced settings screen gives you option for # of hours old before conversion.  Click the advanced button.  Not sure you can do the opposite though & convert newest before oldest.

You have ability to set show names (with wildcards) that will be converted "file name match" under advanced when you hit Change for conversion task. Then only shows that match are converted & rest are skipped.
Bill 

Coordinator
Dec 7, 2012 at 6:00 AM
Edited Dec 7, 2012 at 6:01 AM

To Add to @Bill's comments, automatic folder monitoring starts with the newest shows and works it way to the oldest shows in the folder.

You can also set it to skip shows by using *;~XYZ in the filter.

Dec 7, 2012 at 6:16 AM

cool rboy1 thx good to know. hadn't monkeyed with it enough to know new before old but have used the file name match a lot.  Speaking of which it'd be nice to be able to force a rescan after changing them..  If you have a list of names then change it ones that were already skipped don't get converted. I end up clearing history file.  Rescan seems to do squat.

Coordinator
Dec 7, 2012 at 1:29 PM

History file keeps a tab of CONVERTED files or failed conversion files only. After you change the filter and click rescan it should automatically picked up the new unprocessed files and work them into the queue.

Dec 7, 2012 at 2:29 PM

thx i'll test again but I am quite sure that doesn't happen.  I had to rename show filenames to get mcebuddy to 'see' skipped ones and convert them.
Thx
Bill 

Coordinator
Dec 7, 2012 at 7:35 PM

If it doesn't let me know, that' the design that was last tested.

Dec 7, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Hey thanks for the info on this guys, I guess I didn't dig deep enough into the settings for the wildcard search.

Looks like this may finally solve the recorded TV problem for my kindle/ipad/surface.

Dec 7, 2012 at 8:00 PM

sorry for hijacking your thread DRPrice.  replying reminded me of it & I just rambled off. :D  rboy1 i'll get back with you once i test.

Coordinator
Dec 8, 2012 at 3:12 AM

If you've manually deleted the file from the queue even once, it's recorded in the history file and won't reconvert, however if it's never been in teh queue, when you change the filter it is picked up on a rescan. I just tested it

Dec 8, 2012 at 5:03 PM

I"ve been tied up & not able to test but what I'm talking about was I had say 10 series but I didn't want to convert them all at once so I did a file name match like Survivor* then it did all of the survivor episodes & skipped the rest.  But then I wanted to do another show next so I changed it to Survivor*;CSI* but when started nothing happened even if I clicked the rescan button.  I tried adding another show & same thing.  If I renamed a show filename it would then convert that one renamed show but none of the others.  The only way I could get them to convert once they were skipped was to either rename them all (pain) or delete the history file.  Again I'm going by memory but that's how I recall it. Please don't spend time on it until I can confirm as I don't want you to waste time on me being a moron (if that's the case. lol). Thx

Coordinator
Mar 14, 2013 at 5:25 PM
Bill48105 wrote:
cool rboy1 thx good to know. hadn't monkeyed with it enough to know new before old but have used the file name match a lot.  Speaking of which it'd be nice to be able to force a rescan after changing them..  If you have a list of names then change it ones that were already skipped don't get converted. I end up clearing history file.  Rescan seems to do squat.
I've added a button in the next BETA release under advanced settings to clear the history
Mar 22, 2013 at 2:16 PM
I'm also having a problem similar to this, and its not covered in detail in the manual.

Maybe I don't understand the context for skipping/matching files and titles.

I'm trying to skip The Colbert Report. When I add "~colbert" to the File Name Match or Recording Title Match, nothing is added to the queue.

Do I need to include the "." in addition to the exclusion?
Coordinator
Mar 22, 2013 at 4:22 PM
This is covered in MANY areas in details with Examples, if you rest your mouse on the filer name a pop help comes, it's covered under the Documentation Advanced commands. It's also covered in other discussion topics on this forum if you search for it.

For negative matching you need to for *;~name

http://mcebuddy2x.codeplex.com/discussions/431817
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 3/29/2014 at 2:44 AM
Mar 22, 2013 at 5:53 PM
I found the examples by rolling over, but it was (is) unclear that you have to use the ".;" in addition to the exclusion.

rboy1 wrote:

Coordinator
Mar 22, 2013 at 10:05 PM
It's actually quite simple. I have explain this in other threads also.

Mcebuddy supports simple matching patterns and also regex patterns.

matching patterns are self contained so when you say ~CSI*

What is the baseline? You are saying not to accept CSI* but what should you accept?
Hence *;~CSI* says take all and skip CSI

The reason this not defacto is that I may want NCIS* and not NCIS-HD so I would enter

NCIS*;~NCIS-HD*

It only want NCIS and not other shows with this task

On Mar 22, 2013, at 11:53 AM, "ckronengold" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I found the examples by rolling over, but it was (is) unclear that you have to use the "*.*;" in addition to the exclusion.

rboy1 wrote: