This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Multiple Episodes in One File

Dec 7, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Thanks for all of the hard work!  I love MCEBuddy!

I have a question regarding naming for multiple episodes in one file (common to cartoons such as Spongebob Squarepants and Phineas and Ferb) - right now MCEBuddy seems to grab the first episode number it finds but I was wondering if you could create a provision where it perhaps searches for a semicolon and allows for multiple episode naming as part of the output.  I am pushing my compressed recordings to Plex and would love to have more accurate naming through this system.

Let me know if I'm not clear in what I'm asking.

Coordinator
Dec 7, 2012 at 8:48 PM

I will need a sample WTV file

Dec 8, 2012 at 2:27 PM

As in you want me to send you an actual file?

Dec 8, 2012 at 4:56 PM

optokhog. Check out the 'uploading files' section on the "READ THIS BEFORE POSTING - Getting Help on MCEBuddy" sticky:
https://mcebuddy2x.codeplex.com/discussions/395631

Jan 18, 2015 at 2:01 AM
This is resurrecting a very old thread, but I didn't find anything newer on this discussion.

For me, shows I record for my kids like Curious George and The Cat in the Hat have 2 15 minute episodes per 30 minute show. The title given in the file has a semi-colon between the two episode titles (e.g. "Big, Bad Hundley; George's Simple Siphon"); same thing in the description given. I don't have an unconverted wtv file right now, but am happy to upload once I get one. I'll make sure I have a log file as well.
Coordinator
Jan 18, 2015 at 2:09 PM
So do you have 2 WTV files or 1?
If it's 1, then nothing can be done, it's it 2 with the same name we can look into it if we have the WTV files.
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 1/31/2015 at 9:44 AM
Jan 19, 2015 at 4:56 AM
Just one - so we're out of luck. Thanks for the reply!