This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Divx AVI Fast conversion problems

Dec 13, 2012 at 12:57 AM
Edited Dec 13, 2012 at 1:01 AM

After upgrading from 2.3 release 6 to release 10 I've been having some serious audio sync problems using Divx AVI Fast with .TS files. The converted file plays fine as far as the video goes, but the farther it gets into the show the worse the audio sync gets.  It starts out fine, but by the end of a 1 hour HD show the sync is out by at least 20-30 seconds!

Divx AVI normal works fine so I'm assuming it might be something to do with the fast profile... anyone have any ideas or know if something changed in the profile over the last couple of versions?

I did try the suggestions in the conversion problems FAQ like -ss 30 with no change.

Thanks

Dec 13, 2012 at 6:34 AM

Try removing -dts_delta_threshold 0 from the ffmpeg-video section of the Divx-Fast profile.

The fast profile uses a differnet encoder (mpeg4 vs the libxvid), it's much faster but has it's own issues.

Dec 13, 2012 at 6:41 AM

BTW I checked the history, the only difference in the profiles is in the ffmpeg-general section

instead of -async 1 -thread 0

 

It's reverse

-thread 0 -async 1

 

see if that makes a difference.

 

Otherwise it's FFMPEG (there's a new version here but it may have broken something with mpeg4, you'll need to upload the file along with your log file to debug this further if nothing works)

Dec 16, 2012 at 2:19 PM

Can you upload a copy of your video to the MCEBuddy server (original) so I figure this out

Dec 16, 2012 at 10:25 PM

I'll fix the problem in the next release (though it will be better if you can upload the video to test the fix).

 

For now downgrade to Release 2.3.8 (the new ffmpeg has a bug in it which sometimes causes the audio to go out of sync over time).

 

For those who are still with 2.3.10 and want to remain, there is a temp fix. Open profiles.conf, all section change -ss 3 from the ffmpeg-video section to the ffmpeg-general section and it should solve the audio sync issues. (ffmpeg issue which I'll address in the next release)

Dec 23, 2012 at 3:34 PM

This issue has been fixed in 2.3.11