Comercial detection in the UK

Jan 27, 2013 at 5:44 PM

Had a search around for information on this, but seems like theres little information out there.

Is there at all a way to add reliable commercial detection using Showanalyzer or Comskip for the UK?

I am using freeview, HD and SD.

Coordinator
Jan 27, 2013 at 10:36 PM

You can customize comkip.ini to meet your UK requirements, there is extensive documentation available in the Documentation section for it. It's a trial and error mehtod.

I would request if you've managed to customize it share it back with everyone for their benefits or if anyone reading this has a working version for UK please post it.

Jan 27, 2013 at 10:41 PM
I think that would be a lot of work. From what I read commercials differ between channels, times and program's here. If there isn't already a working script out there doesn't that mean my chance of success will be low?

rboy1 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

You can customize comkip.ini to meet your UK requirements, there is extensive documentation available in the Documentation section for it. It's a trial and error mehtod.

I would request if you've managed to customize it share it back with everyone for their benefits or if anyone reading this has a working version for UK please post it.

--
Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.
Coordinator
Jan 27, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Yes which is why I've provided hte option of a customized comskip.ini for each conversion task. If you make one specific for your channel, please post it here and I'll open archive for everyone to share/use.

Mar 2, 2013 at 10:32 PM
The default comskip seems to work well for channel 5 and 5star in the UK,(with perhaps a few seconds padding added) but it doesn't work well for Channel4, E4, 4Music etc. I think because those channels don't fade to black each break. Ill try to tweak but not sure how good I will be at it, it looks to be a rather complicated process.