Double convert on MKV file

Feb 4, 2013 at 8:20 PM
Hello all,

I'm trying to confirm before posting a bug report. I'm also on the BETA right now so I am not positive this exists in the current stable release.

It seems when I feed MCE an MKV file, it convert the file multiple times. Has any one else noticed (or can test).

Thanks,
Mark
Feb 5, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Just a bit of a self follow-up. I've thrown a few more MKV type files at MCE Buddy and it really chokes on them. Some loop, some fail to convert in totality, others take amounts of time that aren't appropriate.
Coordinator
Feb 6, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Logs
Feb 6, 2013 at 1:25 PM
I have been trying to gather comparative information including MCE Logs. At the moment I'm processing directly through ffmpeg so I can get a better sense of the differences. As this condition is easily reproducible with any large MKV file, you should be able to generate your own logs for inspection prior to a submission by me.
Coordinator
Feb 8, 2013 at 4:42 AM
It's working fine for me. MKV to M4V
Feb 9, 2013 at 6:13 PM
I tested as you did MKV to M4V and agree no issue. I'm using MKV to MP4 Normal and many (if not all) files exceed 4GB after conversion.
Coordinator
Feb 10, 2013 at 1:23 PM
I'm finding it impossible to create a 4GB converted file here, nothing goes beyond 2GB. You'll have to upload the logs to see what's going on.
Feb 11, 2013 at 10:30 AM
I appreciate you trying to investigate. I'll try and get some logs / information to you.
Feb 15, 2013 at 8:58 PM
Edited Feb 15, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Quick update - since moving to Beta 2.3.12 Build 1 the problem seems to have shaken loose and I don't see the issue. I'll revert if it starts to pop its head up again. One other quick note, absolutely love the %ismovie% implementation!