This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Stop folder creation on destination drive

Feb 15, 2013 at 3:08 AM
Hi. I just updated from version 1.1. In 1.1 I could just select where the converted file would be stored and when MCE was done converting, there would be the file. With 2.3.15 I discoverd that the converted file is placed into a folder on the destination drive. Is there a way to just have the file placed where I choose to store it without the folder?
Thank you.
Feb 15, 2013 at 6:11 AM
I didn't understand, can you post your log file and also explain with an example what is happening and what you want.

Do you want the converted file to remain the original directory itself? If so leave the destination directory blank.
Feb 15, 2013 at 11:31 PM
Sorry for the confusion by my post. The program works perfectly at converting my Windows Media Center files to .mp4 files for me. What I want the program to do is not put the converted mp4 files into a folder. Right now when MCE converts it places the
converted file into a folder. What I want is to have MCE just store the converted file at the place I selected without putting the file into a folder. I can sent my log file if that is needed. Thank you. David -- Do not judge others, and you will not be judged.
Do not condemn others, or it will all come back against you. Forgive others, and you will be forgiven. Give, and you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full�pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, running over, and poured into your
lap. The amount you give will determine the amount you get back. Luke 6:37-38 New Living Translation (NLT)
Feb 16, 2013 at 5:02 AM
So like I said above, just leave the destination folder in the conversion task blank and the converted file will be left in the source directory
Feb 16, 2013 at 10:00 PM
Sorry, I did not answer your second question. To answer, I do not what to leave the converted file in the original directory. I do want the converted file to be saved to a network drive (NAS) without being placed into a MCE created folder. Currently what
happens is MCE creates a folder on the destination drive using the title of the show for the name of the folder. Then stores the converted show file in the created folder. I want to store the converted show file only to the destination drive if that is possible.
Thanks for taking the time to talk with me.
Feb 16, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Uncheck rename and sort in advanced settings. Or you can use custom rename.
I hope you've checked all the pop up help options to understand what each setting does
Feb 17, 2013 at 4:31 AM
Thank you so much. You have provide great information. I did uncheck the rename and sort in the advanced settings for the destination drive so my wish was granted. Mahalo. David