This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Remove Commercials from HD-PVR .TS Files

Feb 17, 2013 at 10:36 PM
I'm using Argus with XBMC and I'm getting ready to move to MediaBrowser 3. Four of my tuners are HD-PVRs (actually Colossus). I'd like to use MCE Buddy to remove the recordings. Note that these are TS files with h.264 video and AC3. Right now it seems to hang when trying to merge the non-commercial portions. I'm trying to use the ts to ts profile since I don't really need to re-encode for my normal use. Should this be working?
Coordinator
Feb 17, 2013 at 10:51 PM
log file...
Feb 17, 2013 at 11:40 PM
Edited Feb 17, 2013 at 11:51 PM
I've posted a log file now to your ftp server in the TS to TS... folder. I'm trying a different video file now. My main thing was a question whether or not this should work. If I know it should then troubleshooting makes sense. If it shouldn't then it doesn't make sense to try to figure out the impossible. Either way I'll update after the next file hangs (if it does).

Edit:

Apparently it was just the file I was using. The new file seems to have worked fine. Sorry for the interruption. This will speed me along my way and I'll donate a little later today. Thanks for the incredibly quick response and the awesome program.
Coordinator
Feb 18, 2013 at 3:35 AM
You'll have better success (and faster) with the new BETA version which has better support for TS profiles.
Feb 18, 2013 at 4:00 AM
Edited Feb 18, 2013 at 4:36 AM
I donated right after posting, but I haven't received the email with access. I'm really looking forward to trying it.
Feb 18, 2013 at 3:20 PM
I really wasn't paying attention yesterday. I totally missed that I needed to send an email requesting access after making the donation. I just sent tye email. It would be nice if I got the beta going today as I have time available. I'm having problems with the current version crashing the service. I want to try the beta jefore doing a bug report as you may have already fixed the issue.