This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Setting "Min Age Before Conversion" Per Task?

Mar 16, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Edited Mar 16, 2013 at 9:04 PM
First, let me just say "Simply Amazing Product." Thank you for the hard work. I've got MCEBuddy humming along almost exactly as I'd like it.

Wondering if I'm just missing something, or if this is a feature request.

How can you adjust the "minimum age before conversion" on a per task basis?

For example, there are shows that are aired frequently in syndication (like Seinfeld, for example), which can fill up a hard drive pretty quickly. It only takes 2 days before I've recorded 10 episodes of Seinfeld, and then, per WMC, either stop recording until they are deleted, or it deletes the oldest one (only 3 days) and records a new one.

I'd like to be able to have MCEBuddy convert Seinfeld every 48 hrs, for example, but for shows that air weekly (new, primetime shows), wait a week or two.

Seems to me that the "minimum age" setting is universal, not for each task. Am I missing something? If the "minimum age" were per task, I could set up a task that matched filename or series names and have them converted faster than titles that dont match.

Task #1: Recording Title Match: Seinfeld;~*.WTV with "min age"=24
Task #2: Convert normal, "min age"=240

Am I simply missing something basic? (This would be similar to being able to use different comskip.ini files for different files, b/c you can use filename match=ABC and use the ABC comskip)
Mar 16, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Currently it support only minimum age globally.

RAise an enahncement request for a new feature and I'll look into it sometime, this won't be easy...
Mar 18, 2013 at 2:06 PM
No rush. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.