Files won't import into iTunes

Mar 24, 2013 at 7:29 AM
I just got a new Windows 7 machine and am trying to convert recorded TV shows so I can import them into iTunes for use on an iPod and iPhone. I've tried several different profiles, but none of the converted files will import into iTunes. Can you let me know which profile I should use and any important settings so the files will import into iTunes?
Coordinator
Mar 24, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Any of the apple m4v profiles should work.
Coordinator
Mar 24, 2013 at 2:20 PM
I just tested the mp4 and m4v profiles they're working fine with iTunes 11.0.2. Check your installation
Mar 25, 2013 at 5:45 AM
Thanks. I reinstalled MCEBuddy and was able to get a file converted as m4v to manually import into iTunes. I put the file into the Automatically Add to iTunes directory but it didn't import. I was able to 'Add file to library...' manually though so at
least I'm over that hurdle. I'll try mp4 files next and see if they can automatically import into iTunes.
Mar 25, 2013 at 8:10 PM
I've had that problem several times with the 'Automatically Add to iTunes' directory not working. It's never been a file problem, it's always been an iTunes problem for me. I typically had to upgrade iTunes if theres one available OR reinstall the most recent version and it would get it working.

Hope that helps you.