This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Audio Sync issues on cable channels

Apr 4, 2013 at 2:51 AM
I have mcebuddy setup to convert to mp4 and cut out all commercials of recorded tv except for sports. This metod works fine for cbs abc fox amc and tlc but channels such as FX NBC abc family and comedy central is where the issues begin. on these channels the audio is ahead of the video by 500 and 1000 ms. So im wondering if there is a way i should be configuring the conversion process to resolve this issue. i find it out that it happens on only some channels and other channels be fine. I am on the latest beta build and am using the [MP4 Unprocessed AAC LATM] profile for conversion. should i be making a separate profile for the channels im having issues with and set some type of audio delay. I could really use some help on this. thank you in advance.
Coordinator
Apr 4, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Yes either you can make a separate profile or you can create a separate conversion task and adjust the audio offset.

When you say latest do you mean the April 2ns build? There was a small fix which might help audio sync in certain conditions.

Apr 4, 2013 at 1:58 PM
Yes i am on April 2nd build.

I have tried using the -async 1 option but that didn't work. what parameter should i use for audio offset and how would i add only certain files to the new conversion task? h=what would i need to change so that both conversion processes don't convert the same file.
Coordinator
Apr 4, 2013 at 2:16 PM
read the documentation, pop up help and discussion threads on using the filters (filter, show, etc). Play with the audio offset +ve or -ve to see what works for you