This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Add Comskip to already converted

Apr 16, 2013 at 11:09 PM
I have a bunch of recordings that have already been converted using Apple Fast Profile. Is there any easy way to apply the Comskip chapters(i.e. mark chapters only without extracting comercials) to the already converted files i.e. the new feature added with release 12.
Apr 16, 2013 at 11:27 PM
no, the video is lost if commercials have been removed, if you have the original video files, then you try to reconvert them.

Apr 17, 2013 at 1:16 AM
I might not have been clear. The videos I have converted - I have not done any comskip on. They are full length.

I would like to mark the commercials on these files. Almost like a no compression profile that will do the post processing comskip step.
Apr 17, 2013 at 1:47 AM
MCEBuddy may be possible but will require extensive customization from your side, use the AllowH264CopyRemuxing and then creating a custom profile using Handbrake or FFMPEG using the copy codec - feel free to play with it. Keep the EDL file allong with the original file and MCEBuddy will use it which will save you time, so essentially it should be pretty quick with the right config - but no guarantee it'll work, never tried it.

the other way would be to use MP4Box to add the EDL file as a chapter to the file manually (you'll need to convert the EDL file to Chapter files first).

Apr 17, 2013 at 4:55 AM
If you have the EDL (and SRT) files I'm making a tiny app that will allow you to embed the chapter and subtitles into a MKV and MP4 file. You'll find this in a few days in the EARLY ACCESS folder
Apr 20, 2013 at 5:25 AM
Okay done - I've released a set of tools what will allow you to convert the EDL files to Chapter files and Embed them (and SRT files) into MP4 files and MKV files.

https://videoupdatertools.codeplex.com/