This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

NextPVR File Renaming Problems

May 8, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Been a fan of MCEBuddy for a while now and have been using it daily with MCE, so I know the ins and outs of the basic settings (at least), but since a move to more heavily using XBMC and its integrated "Live TV" solutions, I decided to switch to Npvr as my main DVR. Unfortunately, I'm running into a few problems with file renaming.

I've already looked over the documentation as well as I could as well as a search of Codeplex for "npvr" and "nextpvr" to no avail.

Ok, onto the problem:

MCEBuddy is unable to detect the episode number during the conversion process from Npvr - I point it to the directory that all of my files reside - do I have to do anything else?

I've looked over the settings multiple times and can't see anything that would solve the problem. As it is now, MCEBuddy is simply taking the file, converting it, and plopping it into the base directory with the original name (The name of the program followed by a string of numbers denoting date and time) - this is still happening even though I've set it to automatically look up, rename (into sxxexx - title), and sort my video files into my media center directory.

I have found a temporary solution in using GuidePlus script to automatically rename my files to the SXXEXX format before sending them away to be converted, but I saw that MCEBuddy has stock metadata capabilities with NPVR from the changelog, so I figure there has to be a more elegant solution.

Any ideas?
Coordinator
May 8, 2013 at 10:57 PM
NPVR generates an XML file with metadata along with the TS file. Mcebuddy uses the XML file extract the metadata. You need to enable npvr guide to generate the XML file for each recording

May 8, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Thanks so much for the help. Can't seem to figure out that option, but at least I know nothing is messed up on the MCEBuddy side.

I know this isn't the NPVR support forum, so it's a stupid place to ask, but I haven't found the setting in NPVR that tacks on the .xml alongside the .ts file even after a bunch of searching and after going through the settings a million times. Is it a command line option or something?
Coordinator
May 9, 2013 at 12:33 AM
Ask the folks on the forum or search this one

May 9, 2013 at 1:15 AM
Edited May 9, 2013 at 1:24 AM
Already searched this one to no avail. Tried every permutation of Npvr, nextpvr, xml, information, metadata, etc that I could. Also hit Google and read over pretty much every damn thing on the Nextpvr site.

Guess I'll try the forums over there. Thanks a ton for the help and the insanely great program.
May 9, 2013 at 1:30 AM
Edited May 9, 2013 at 1:33 AM
I might've found a solution myself. I'll post it here in case anyone comes here trying to figure it out:

I was poking around in the default data folder (/users/public/NPVR) and opened up config.xml - under "recording" there's a setting called "storeseparatemetadataxml" - it's apparently set to false by default and it's not an option that can be changed in-app as far as I can tell.

Switching it now. Assuming that'll be the fix that I need.

Again, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 11/25/2014 at 1:16 PM
Coordinator
Nov 25, 2014 at 9:17 PM
@cityeyes can you upload a few sample XML files created by nPVR, we're looking to add more support so more detailed it is the better (like actors, genres, movies, shows etc). thanks
Nov 26, 2014 at 6:05 PM
@rboy1 Unfortunately, I stopped using nPVR a while back and went back to WMC again. I may have left the files intact so I could go back to it if I wished, so I'll take a look later tonight and see if I have those XML files for you.
Nov 26, 2014 at 6:40 PM
Not sure if this will help, but there's a folder of zipped xml files under the area that I've selected to store my NPVR settings.

They're in a sequence of folders in NPVR/TVDB/series/(seriesnumber). I've zipped up the whole directory in case it might help you out. You can find it here.

I can't really find any more traces of the .xml files on my PC past that, but I also uninstalled it quite a few months ago.
Coordinator
Nov 26, 2014 at 11:50 PM
Thanks but this look like an EPG an not a recording metadata xml file.
Nov 30, 2014 at 4:13 PM
Edited Nov 30, 2014 at 4:16 PM
Make sure that in the config.xml this is set to true <StoreSeparateMetadataXml>true</StoreSeparateMetadataXml> ... this will generate the xml.

sample.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<recording>
<filename>\Nyplayer\npvrrecq\Bones\Bones.S09E11.The Spark in the Park.ts</filename>
<channel>KPTVDT</channel>
<status>READY</status>
<startTime>2014-11-29 19:59:01</startTime>
<endTime>2014-11-29 21:02:00</endTime>
<channel_OID>7343</channel_OID>
<title>Bones</title>
<subtitle>The Spark in the Park</subtitle>
<description>When a gymnast's remains are found in a park, Booth and Brennan discover she was living a double life; Cam confronts the woman who stole her identity.</description>
<uid>EP007542010229</uid>
<firstrun>false</firstrun>
<original_air_date>2013-12-06T00:00:00.0000000</original_air_date>
<season>9</season>
<episode>11</episode>
<rating>TV14</rating>
<audio>DD 5.1</audio>
<quality>HDTV</quality>
<genres>
<genre>Crime drama</genre>
<genre>Mystery</genre>
<genre>Medical</genre>
</genres>
</recording>
Coordinator
Nov 30, 2014 at 4:14 PM
@nyplayer if you have some samples can you upload them
Coordinator
Nov 30, 2014 at 4:15 PM
does it generate tags for actors/credits?
Nov 30, 2014 at 6:29 PM
I uploaded samples here will try to get some movie samples.

ftp://earlyaccess.mcebuddy2x.com/UPLOAD/NYPLAYER/NPVRSAMPLES/
Coordinator
Nov 30, 2014 at 7:15 PM
Thanks these are helpful. I did notice however that it doesn't have any credits or actors tag. Do you know the specs for the XML files?
Nov 30, 2014 at 7:41 PM
Sorry no I do not... but maybe I can find out later.