This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Move specific extionsion without conversion?

Oct 5, 2013 at 3:50 PM
I have MCEBuddy running great for converting my .wtv's to .mp4's

My question is: If a certain file extension (say .mp4) was in the monitor location, could I set MCEBuddy to simply move the file on to the Destination Folder without conversion?

I already know how to use File Name Match to specify a specific extension.

So I need some help with a profile that would bypass any conversion and let MCEBuddy know to just go ahead and move the file on to the Destination Folder.

Thanks,
Coordinator
Oct 5, 2013 at 5:21 PM
use the rename only option in the conversion task. setup a monitor task to monitor only .mp4 in that folder and link that monitor task to the conversion task
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 1/29/2014 at 9:17 AM
Oct 6, 2013 at 1:47 PM
I am still running 2.3.11 for a few reasons.

Is rename only a profile? If so could you post the profile as I don't see it in my profiles.conf
Coordinator
Oct 7, 2013 at 2:21 PM
no it's in the conversion settings, under Advanced Settings -> Rename only.

I will be changing this to Move and rename only in the next BETA build as a stand alone option under Advanced Settings.
I am still wondering why you're on 2.3.11? 2.3.14 is far superior in all respects to 2.3.11 (speed, quality, features, stability).
Oct 7, 2013 at 10:35 PM
OK, I see it in v12 but not v11.

I saw some weird processing differences between v11 (stable) and v12 (weird , seemed to 3x the video size) so didn't want to screw up my processing of tv shows.

Beyond that I am not early access. I've donated before but need to go ahead and do it again here to get the early access. Great program, thanks!
Coordinator
Oct 8, 2013 at 1:40 AM
I think you'll see a huge difference between 2.3.14 and 2.3.12. There was some regression between 2.3.11 and 2.3.12 which was fixed in 2.3.14 after some users reported it.

Try today's build, I've added some very cool improvements in quality with a top notch codec and improved speed through a custom build of ffmpeg. No one has complained about upgrading to 2.3.14 so far :)

If for whatever reason it's not working let me know, I'll take the feedback.
Coordinator
Oct 8, 2013 at 1:41 AM
BTW, taken your and another users feedback, in today's build you'll find a new option, Move without converting, it does exactly what you want and also gives you the option to extract stuff while doing it without touching the original file.