This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Move Source File after Conversion?

Oct 17, 2013 at 7:54 PM
I was wondering if there was a way to move the source file after a conversion. I have my file to convert(with edl and xml) in a directory d:\to convert\
I would like the converted file to move to the dir specified, and the source file moved to d:\converted

Thanks!
Coordinator
Oct 18, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Select the archive file option in settings and under expert settings set the archive folder path. It will move your source as well as the related edl,XML and srt etc files

Marked as answer by rboy1 on 1/29/2014 at 9:10 AM
Oct 21, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Thanks! That worked perfectly.
Oct 24, 2013 at 5:15 PM
Edited Oct 24, 2013 at 5:15 PM
This works, although it seems to be a global setting, not a per Conversion Task setting.

I would like to do this:

d:\recorded tv\ <-- watched for files to scan for commercials --> move to d:\recorded tv\comscanned

d:\to convert\watched <-- watched for files to convert --> move to d:\to convert\converted

d:\to convert\NotWatchedYet <-- watched for files to convert --> move to D:\recorded tv\Converted-Need to Watch

Can you make this possible?
Coordinator
Oct 24, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Yes you can do with a combination of conversion tasks and monitor tasks. In the conversion task expert settings you can link/specify specific monitor tasks to specific conversion tasks and you should be able to create the one to one mapping you can want below.

Oct 24, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Edited Oct 24, 2013 at 10:42 PM
I only see Archive the original file as an Advanced Settings for MCEBuddy Settings. I click Expert Setting on the MCEBuddy Settings window and I can set the Archive folder there. How can I set the archive folder for a specific task? Or am I looking at it all wrong? I am trying to move the original file to the destination after "move to" above.
Coordinator
Oct 24, 2013 at 11:05 PM
I thought you were talking about moving the destination folder based on where the file originated. That you can do by linking monitor tasks to conversion tasks (Open Conversion Task Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Expert Settings).

Moving the original file to an archive folder is a global capability and cannot be done at the task level (imagine if you have 3 simultaneous tasks working on the same original file, what happens then?)
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 1/29/2014 at 9:10 AM
Coordinator
May 9, 2014 at 4:14 PM
Here is one work around for archiving original files for only a specific conversion task:
  • Create a custom profile that you will use with this conversion task (so that it does not affect other tasks using the stock profile, copy the stock profile into a new one) and add these lines to the end of the profile (note the nested double quotes):
PostCustomCommandPath=C:\mcebuddy\ArchiveOriginal.bat
PostCustomCommandParameters=""%sourcefile%""
PostCustomCommandHangPeriod=10
PostCustomCommandCritical=false
PostCustomCommandUISession=false
PostCustomCommandShowWindow=false
  • Create a directory called C:\MCEBuddy
  • In the directory, create a new file called ArchiveOriginal.bat
  • Edit the file ArchiveOriginal.bat and add the following lines and save it
md "C:\ArchiveFiles"
move /Y %1 "C:\ArchiveFiles"
C:\ArchiveFiles if the directory where you want to archive your files.

Now any conversion task using this custom profile will delete the original file after a successful conversion
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 5/9/2014 at 9:14 AM