This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

wtv conversion, profile question

Oct 23, 2013 at 12:00 AM
i like the fact that mcebuddy monitors folders and will convert when something new is found, i would like to convert wtv files, they dont have to be encoded as i don't care about space, i want to stream them to my ps3 so i can watch in hd and quality is important, as well as being able to fast forward through commercials, i'm not having any luck with the mcebuddy profiles, i did however try pavtube using they're ps3 5.1 audio profile and i was amazed by the quality and it only took 15 minutes or so to convert i think it was xvid codec.. any suggestions?
Oct 23, 2013 at 12:16 AM
Try the new MKV unprocessed or MP4 Unprocessed profiles.

Oct 23, 2013 at 4:52 PM
hi, thanks for the reply, i've tried those two profiles and i have the same results, it seems that the media server want's to transcode them on the fly when i stream to the ps3... with pavtube it made an avi file, but i don't need to transcode it...
Oct 23, 2013 at 5:04 PM
Have you tried the PS3 profile?

Oct 23, 2013 at 5:11 PM
i have not, i thought i read someone that didn't include 5.1 digital audio ? this is a must for me.
Oct 23, 2013 at 5:22 PM
With the latest BETA build it has support for 5.1 audio (there is a new AAC being used which support 5.1). Make you CHECK the box for MultiChannel audio in your conversion task advanced setting.