Speeding up High Quality MP4?

Nov 25, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Edited Dec 4, 2013 at 2:48 PM
How can I Speedup MCEBuddy 2.3.14 WTV to High Quality MP4 processing? I paid for and noticed a difference with the donator comskip and early access premium MCEBuddy.

I'm running MCEBuddy on a Quad core i5-2500K (P67 Platform so no quick sync) and a rather fast AMD HD7970 Video Card, so perhaps the video card can help. Windows 8 Enterprise 64bit. Doing two shows at once I am doing a 30 min show with commercial removal in about 46 minutes. All stock settings 720 width. Sure I could do unprocessed but I want to save more space but keep quality high. Is 2 shows at once optimal on a Intel Quad core?

Would other hardware make a big difference? Are others using Dual Processor systems or multiple systems to trans-code?
Dec 4, 2013 at 3:08 AM
Edited Dec 5, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Anyone using Multiple PCs to trans code and how do you do it?

I researched this prior post but I'm visualizing this as being limited to telling PC #1 to transcode A-M and PC #2 to handle N-Z. (for example, of course extendable to n PCs) That is incredibly inefficient if you have a few movies one side could have 4x the work load.

MCEBuddy Discussion Links
Coordinate multiple computers against a single job list?
Distributed Encoding??

P.S. I would love auto distributing conversion tasks one at a time to multiple servers.
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 1/29/2014 at 9:02 AM