This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Help setting up NAS drive

Jan 1, 2014 at 8:25 AM
Just downloaded MCEBuddy to give it a try. It appears to work great for what I want to do (MKV to WTV conversion). However, I can't seem to figure out how to get it to access my NAS drive. I know that you have to go under services and put in the credentials for the NAS but I guess I am not doing it right. On my NAS I access it using the username of admin and password of admin. I put that info in there but it is not working. I cannot find anywhere that I would put in the network path of my NAS drive which I assume would be needed. Can someone tell me how to go about getting it to access my NAS which has all my video stored on it. Sorry if this is already covered somewhere. Thanks.
Coordinator
Jan 1, 2014 at 2:33 PM
search the forum, this question has been answered many times.

If you use 2.3.14 it'll prompt you to enter the username and password as soon as you enter the remote address in the conversion task or monitor locations.

Marked as answer by rboy1 on 1/29/2014 at 8:49 AM
Jan 1, 2014 at 11:37 PM
I have searched the forum but I am still stuck. I can add the NAS drive as the watched directory but my problem lies in going into the services area under admin tools for MCEBuddy. Once there there is a tab at the top called logon. I assume this is where my NAS login info goes correct? If so, I have tried changing it from "local system account" to "use this account". Once there I can put in a username and password which I do "admin" "admin" but when I hit apply it tells me the account name is invalid or does not exist or the password is invalid. What am I doing wrong? I will be happy to donate to get the latest version once I know the program will work for me the way I need it to. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Coordinator
Jan 2, 2014 at 12:37 AM
You aren't supposed to go into services for anything.

Everything is done through the mcebuddy GUI app. Have you gone through the getting started guide?
When you set the monitor folder in the monitor location there is a key button next to it. You enter your credentials there
Don't mess with the services page otherwise mcebuddy will stop working

Jan 2, 2014 at 12:45 AM
I did exactly that and it appeared to work. However, after doing that when I click on the "Add" button and browse to my NAS folder and pick a movie a popup window appears that says "Warning: Networked files will be accessed using the logon credentials of the MCEBuddy Service, not the currently logged on user. Ensure the MCEBuddy service uses a user account that has local administrative access and access to the remote file {Control Panel-Administrative Tools-Services-MCEBuddy}. I am using version 2.3.13 and not 2.3.14 b/c it is only available to paid members. Like I said, I'll be happy to pay for it once I can make sure it works. Please help. Thanks.
Coordinator
Jan 2, 2014 at 1:10 PM
there have been fixes to the network credential in 2.3.14, so only you can make that call.

However did you enter the credential by clicking on the key icon next to the ... after selecting the network folder ?