This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

is ther any way to move the cpu intensive tasks to a remote machine running remote client.

Feb 16, 2014 at 11:05 AM
i have 2 htpc machines (1not done yet) both are quad core machines.
and would ;ike to offload the heavy work to the 3nd machine,so all the first machine had to do is playbacy and possibly record tv and movies.
these will be dedacated machines for htpc chores only,
also some advice on configuration,ie:do i install the infinity 4 in pc 1 or pc 2
if i put the tuner in pc1 do i make my recordings folder in pc 1 or 2.
but back to the reason for this post can remote client installed on the second machine
do the scanning/removeing and trsnsconfig into say mp5 without impacting perforfance on the first machine.inclosing where should i store recordings pc1 or 2
thanks for your help in advance and if it woul be of any help i will see if i can scroung any money from my disabilty chek and send it to you via paypal

thanks again
loren
lorenjohns@comcast.net
lorenjohns@verizon.net
Feb 16, 2014 at 3:25 PM
have you seen the threads on this forum on using multiple machines to distribute the conversion workload?

Marked as answer by rboy1 on 2/17/2014 at 6:50 AM
Feb 25, 2014 at 12:21 PM
Just browsing around.
Interesting, I'll have to look into this. I'd like my home server to help convert files as needed as well. I'll search more on this later this week thanks.
Mar 29, 2014 at 10:49 AM