This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Converted TV Burned in captions

Mar 28, 2014 at 2:41 AM
My wife is hearing impaired so captions is pretty high on our list. Currently using the latest version of the beta and it seems like the captions are sometimes "Burned in". When this happens you cannot read what is going on because the other burned in captions are still displayed so it is captions on top of captions and she is unable to see it. it seems that each time this happens they burned in ones seem to stick around for 3-5 minutes. The burned in ones do not change they just stay as though they were stuck. Don't know if this would happen if we didn't cut commercials but currently we are using comskip. Let me know what you might need to troubleshoot. Thanks for your time.
Mar 28, 2014 at 10:42 AM
This usually happens when it does move from the show to commercials and then the first part of the commercial caption is stuck on the screen for probably the length of the commercial. I see it in the SRT file as well.
Mar 28, 2014 at 11:19 PM
I can you upload the SRT file (and if you have the original file and conversion log that will go a long way in debugging this) to the MCEBuddy server and post the link here.
Apr 1, 2014 at 10:27 PM
I have uploaded the files to the .\Upload\SubtitleOverlap Folder. You will see at marker 714
00:24:21,598 --> 00:25:13,582
    [ Man ] WANNA SEE       
     SOME ALLERGENS?   is where a commercial was and with that it keeps displaying during the conversation.  This makes it very hard to follow.  This one was generated with MKV fast but it happens with MKV High Quality too.  Thanks.
Apr 2, 2014 at 11:54 AM
Yes I see, now I need the original WTV file to extract the original closed captions and see where/what is happening.
Can you upload hte original file also.

Apr 2, 2014 at 1:02 PM
I did not have that original wtv file but I have another that happened last night. Same folder but the logs and srt is for about a boy I think. the spot in the log can be found here
00:12:59,646 --> 00:13:34,179
   <i>[ Female Announcer ]</i>     
   <i>SKIN LOOKING TIRED?</i>
the wtv file is being uploaded in the same directory.
Apr 2, 2014 at 1:14 PM
okay post back when the upload is complete

Apr 2, 2014 at 5:56 PM
Edited Apr 2, 2014 at 5:57 PM
it keeps saying maximum filesize has been exceeded. It is 2.9 GB.
Apr 2, 2014 at 7:18 PM
Try it now it should work

Apr 2, 2014 at 9:52 PM
I believe it is uploaded. It did error on the last second of the transfer but file sizes look ok. Let me know if there was an issue with it.
Apr 3, 2014 at 12:54 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 4/3/2014 at 5:07 AM
Apr 3, 2014 at 1:07 PM
Thanks for reporting this, it'll be fixed in the next build. Please see the ticket above for details.