This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

WTV Profile Issues and Fixes

Coordinator
Apr 1, 2014 at 2:00 AM
Edited May 10, 2014 at 2:18 PM
This thread is to clarify issues that keep cropping up from users related to WTV profiles.
WTV profiles are BROKEN in 2.3.14 and earlier versions and work only with some systems.

All WTV profiles are WORKING in 2.3.15 and later versions. So please update to 2.3.15 or later to use WTV profiles.

So to summarize some of the features in 2.3.15 and later related to WTV profiles:

Now MCEBuddy can support both H.264 and MPEG2 in the WTV container.
The stock 3 WTV profiles options are:
  • WTV Unprocessed - stream copy the source video (MPEG2 or H264) and audio (v/s earlier only MPEG2 support)
  • WTV - Now stores H.264 as the encoded video in WTV (v/s the earlier MPEG2 encoded video)
  • WTV Legacy - These are for older extenders like XBox, Ceton Echo, Linksys DMA2100 etc which don't support H264 in WTV. This creates a MPEG2 in WTV.
Other points to note.
  • XBox 360 can now playback WTV files created by MCEBuddy
  • Hardware encoded H.264 WTV (using MP4 profiles and handbrake-remuxto=.wtv option) can now be played back by Media Center and XBox 360
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 3/31/2014 at 7:01 PM
Jul 22, 2014 at 2:41 AM

HW acceleration for WTV output makes video playing too fast

Hi,

Just started to setup MCEBuddy 2.3.15.

I am converting WTV files (with HE-AAC audio) to WTV files (with AC3 audio) using the WTV profile without modifications.

The conversion is fine when HW acceleration is switched off.

When HW acceleration is switched on, the conversion uses handbrake and QuickSync, and is 4 times faster, but when playing the WTV file in WMCenter, the video plays way too fast and runs away from the normal speed audio.

Is there a setting to fix this video speed issue?

The log file is available here

Many thanks,
jpt60
Coordinator
Jul 22, 2014 at 6:31 AM
For future reference please start a new thread, don't top post on issues.

The issue with your case is that handbrake isn't able to correct detect the frame rate of your original video correctly, it accidentally misidentifies it as 50fps instead of 25fps hence it plays back at double speed.

The solution is simple, in the Conversion Task Expert Settings, enter 25 under the FPS and it should solve your problem
Coordinator
Jul 22, 2014 at 6:33 AM
Also upload the copy of the original video to the mcebuddy server. I'll try to analyze it and replicate the issue to see if this can be "auto" corrected in future.
Jul 22, 2014 at 10:10 PM

Thank you for the advice. Will try the 25fps and let you know.

Sorry about the top posting – will start a new thread next time.

The video is 1.5GB – too large for uploading? I will try and make a shorter example.

What/where is the MCEBuddy server for upload? Sorry, I’m new to this.

Thanks again for the great service!

Jul 23, 2014 at 12:04 AM

I’ve now set the Conversion Task Expert Settings to 25 FPS, (while the auto-detect video quality tickbox remains unchecked).

But the output WTV file still plays too fast with the audio playing at the correct speed.

I have uploaded to the MCEBuddy server a new folder named “/UPLOAD/discussion 540759 - detect WTV FPS” containing:

- the log of a new shorter sample input file

- the original WTV input file (84MB)

Most steps in the log now report 25 FPS, but some still report 50 FPS.

Is there another setting to fix this?

Many thanks for the great service!

Jul 23, 2014 at 9:37 PM

I forgot to mention that I use the fake Intel monitor as described on the mirillis / Action! website.

Coordinator
Aug 7, 2014 at 7:30 PM
I'm closing this, start a new thread if you want to continue this conversation.

Update to Intel driver version 10.18.10.3379