This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Checking online TV DB's????

May 22, 2014 at 3:52 PM
Edited May 22, 2014 at 3:54 PM
I have a batch job that checks to see if theTVDB and MOVIEDB are up and running... Is there a way to Run a PreMetaCustomCommand... That if a given a specific failed exit code will prevent the rest of the jobs to run... for example rename?.. and try again at the next scan?
Coordinator
May 22, 2014 at 4:35 PM
Create a batch job the returns a fail code. Set the critical to true

May 22, 2014 at 4:38 PM
Edited May 22, 2014 at 5:30 PM
Sounds great does that Include any code other than 0? I can generate any code.

This does not appear to work. Even though I pass it a code other than 0 It still continues with the rest.
Coordinator
May 22, 2014 at 5:31 PM
actuallly just realized that a new feature slated for the next BETA release. Any return code for custom commands less 0 (-ve) will indicate failure.

How it is processed will be determined by the value of CustomCommandCritical (true or
false).

Coordinator
May 22, 2014 at 8:00 PM
Edited May 22, 2014 at 8:01 PM
Okay the new build will be up soon . If you want MCEBuddy to check the Exit Codes for the custom app, you will need to define
<XXX>CustomCommandExitCodeCheck=true

If the exit code for the app is NOT 0 (i.e. +ve or -ve) then the conversion will fail. See the documentation for more details.

The new build 2.4.1 BETA will be up tonight.
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 5/22/2014 at 1:01 PM
May 24, 2014 at 3:13 PM
Edited May 24, 2014 at 4:23 PM
As Usual Great job on this works as designed. Here is an Example of how I use it for Sage. I check for thetvdb .. also existence of properties file.
CD /d "%~dp0"
if not exist "%~f1.properties" GOTO badexit
wget.exe -q --spider http://thetvdb.com/
set THETVDBERR=%ERRORLEVEL%
if %THETVDBERR% NEQ 0 GOTO badexit
exit /B 0
:badexit
Exit /B 5
Marked as answer by nyplayer on 5/24/2014 at 9:23 AM
May 24, 2014 at 4:37 PM
Edited May 24, 2014 at 4:39 PM
The above works as designed but it has one potential problem at least in my case.. I want it to check for the properties file in Sage if not there I want to exit which works as designed.... but I would like to rescan the job again on the next scan check for properties if there run it again. I was able to work around this by re-monitoring recorded videos. Also I check for THETVTDB which might be down at the time.... but on the next rescan it could be up again.
Coordinator
May 24, 2014 at 4:53 PM
In that case you should in your batch file call MCEBuddy.UserCLI.exe with the deletehistoryitem command to remove the item from the history which will cause MCEbuddy to automatically rescan the file in the next monitor scan (default 5 minutes).
However note that this should be called after the conversion completely fails (the history is written after the task exits), so you may need to setup a delayed timer to run mcebuddy.userscli or move the file to a different folder which can be rescanned by MCEBuddy (2nd monitor task)
May 24, 2014 at 5:09 PM
For now I am ok using the re-monitoring of recorded files as SageTV has no spaces on their filenames and when I do the rename it does. I just added to my file name match .;~* -*.