MCE Freezes on Metadata search

May 30, 2014 at 8:56 PM
I am monitoring my recorded TV folder to rename and move files. On one series in particular MCE Buddy does not move past the metadata search and I have to stop the program. I have tried several times but no luck. I see the show in thetvdb.com exactly as WMC names it so I have no idea what is going on. Either way it should not get stuck if it can't find the show, it should just move on to the next file. I waited over 7 minutes on this last attempt. Don't laugh at the name of the show....my wife watches it. :)

Log file is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1slm9pkf9exa2fk/stuck.log
Coordinator
May 30, 2014 at 11:42 PM
Can you cut 10MB of the original wtv file using the file splitter and upload chunk001 to the mcebuddy server to debug this.

May 31, 2014 at 1:42 AM
Edited May 31, 2014 at 1:42 AM
Thank you for looking at this. The file has been uploaded to the directory rumred85.
Coordinator
May 31, 2014 at 9:54 PM
I checked it out. It took some time to download the the metadata from imdb.com but then it eventually continued. I suspect the connection to the imdb server may be slow/intermittent in your computer which may be causing the issues. Eventually it'll timeout or Finish or continue.

Jun 1, 2014 at 3:32 AM
Thank you I will let it run overnight and see if it works.
Jun 1, 2014 at 5:49 PM
It did work, took 7:29. Sorry I wasted your time on this, I will be more patient next time before I post.
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 6/1/2014 at 1:39 PM