This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Is a rename pattern within a rename pattern possible?

Jun 17, 2014 at 2:19 PM
Edited Jun 17, 2014 at 2:20 PM
For example:

%ismovie%<\Movies\%showname%\%showname%, %issport% <\Sport\%showname%\%recordyear%####-%recordmonth%##-%recordday%##, \TV\%showname%\Season %season%\%showname% - S%season%##E%episode%##>>

Basically I want MCEBuddy to check if its a movie then move it to movies, if its a sport to move it to sport or if its neither of these go to TV?
Coordinator
Jun 17, 2014 at 3:23 PM
Not in the current build but the next BETA build we'll add support for it.

However check your pattern you have an extra , after the < in the %issport%


Marked as answer by rboy1 on 6/20/2014 at 10:50 AM
Jun 18, 2014 at 9:05 AM
Rboy - thanks so much for all your quick replies - this project is so well supported - much better than many fully paid softwares I have!

I will wait for the Beta for this kind of pattern renaming.

In the meantime I have another 2 issues I wanted to inquiry about.

Firstly when matching "Show Type" I've noticed that if you select "Shows" this still picks up "Sports" - I suspect this is because "Sports" recordings have something in the metadata that also qualifies them as shows? Can I ask what MCEBuddy looks for to see if a recording is a "Show" - I had assumed it would simply check that Movie and Sport were both false but looking at the log it seems if it sees >Series< it identifies it as a show. (log linked at bottom of post)

Secondly I have a weird problem with some shows matching incorrectly. Specifically in my attached log with the file MOTD_Fifa_World_Cup_Highlights-0750_20140617-140-22940000-1402987800.ts. This file has a matching nPVR xml file with the correct metadata in it. Checking through the log I can see MCEBuddy correctly analyses the metadata against each conversion task. However when it gets to the Conversion Task "Convert Ads Shows & Sports" it suddenly fails to see the metadata properly and therefore incorrectly matches it to the Conversion Task (it should actually fail to match that task) see lines 2464 - 2477 in the log.

log link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/591481/mcebuddy.log

Any help much appreciated and thanks again for this amazingly powerful program and all your support. Will drop another donation for the rename pattern beta btw.
Coordinator
Jun 18, 2014 at 3:28 PM
In your case you have the metadata in the XML file. MCEBuddy reads the XML files and if it finds Sport in the genre's it marks it as a sports show. In WTV files there is a separate flag for sports.

regarding the matching it's working fine.
It matches the filename filter -> *.ts -> True
No showname filter -> true
Network filter -> Everything except BBC -> True (your metadata is empty here)
Match for series -> Your show isn't a sport or a movies so it's assumed to be series -> True

If you think it's reading the XML metadata file incorrectly please post the XML file here.


Jun 19, 2014 at 11:01 AM
Oops! I made a mistake - should've looked more closely - there were two files by that name in the folder and I think that was causing issues with the XML.

Thanks for taking a look and thanks again for your help.
Coordinator
Jun 20, 2014 at 6:51 PM
Refer MCEBuddy to your friends and like us on facebook
Jun 8, 2015 at 11:47 PM
rboy1, awesome tool you guys have developed here. I had it setup in under an hour and it is working great for converting and renaming my WMC recordings for Plex. Anyway, is there an ETA on this feature. I definitely need nested issport / ismovie capabilities to fully automate all file naming.
Coordinator
Jun 9, 2015 at 1:30 AM
It's already been implemented. Use the latest 2.4.2 version.