This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Episodename from WTV Metadata

Jul 2, 2014 at 11:03 PM
In the UK, often the episode name is contained in the program description (WM/SubTitleDescription field) as

episodename : episode description

and, sometimes,

N/M episodename : episode description

where N and M are the episode number and the total number of episodes in the series.

I really need MCEBuddy to extract the episode name from the SubTitleDescription if it hasn't already been set.

I want to avoid writing a custom command that does this in PowerShell. I'm not even sure how to setup custom commands (complete newbie).

Something like the following :

in VideoMetaData.cs
    private void ExtractMCETags()
    {
<snip>
          _videoTags.SubTitle = GetMetaTagStringValue(attrs, "WM/SubTitle");
          _videoTags.Description = GetMetaTagStringValue(attrs, "WM/SubTitleDescription");
          if(_videoTags.SubTitle == "") 
          {
               string parts[] = _videoTags.Description.Split(":");
               if(parts.Length > 0) 
               {
                    _videoTags.SubTitle = string.copy(parts[0]);
                }
          }
Jul 3, 2014 at 1:33 PM
Can you upload a sample wtv file that contains this metadata. Cut out the first 20mb using the file splitter on the mcebuddy server and upload chunk001

Jul 3, 2014 at 9:17 PM
I've uploaded two chunk001 from 2 clips. One has the N/M. Episodename: description format and the other is the more usual format. They are in ftp://earlyaccess.mcebuddy2x.com/UPLOAD/discussion_550414/

I hope that's OK.

Thanks.
Jul 4, 2014 at 1:01 AM
Great

Jul 8, 2014 at 3:51 PM
I've analyzed it and the Subtitle Tag is always empty, like you said sometime the subtitle description tag contains the episode name/number.


Jul 8, 2014 at 3:51 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 7/8/2014 at 9:32 AM
Jul 8, 2014 at 4:15 PM
I've put some code but I need a few more samples to test it. Can you create a few more chunks (10mb should be fine) from different files and put them on the server to test it.


Jul 8, 2014 at 11:52 PM
I've uploaded some further samples. I also included a couple which do not match the "N/M episodename : episode description " format.


Let me know if you want more.