This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Deleting original file does not delete

Aug 16, 2014 at 3:51 AM
Edited Aug 16, 2014 at 5:41 AM
Hello,
MCEBuddy is up and running and doing everything I expected except for one thing, it won't delete the original...I scoured the FAQS and other documentation for an answer and came up empty except for a post about creating a delete.bat and adding to config file...not sure that is needed in my instance since I'm only running one conversion only. Maybe my confusion lies in what is actually considered the "original" file.
Example....
My monitor location for downloads and rips is C:/downloads/complete
MCEBuddy picks up the file and starts the conversion...I do see in the "working" folder of the MCEBuddy directory a COPY of the file and another file with "conversion" added to end of file name....conversion is successful and is move to my network share and the two files in the "working folder" disappear...the file in the complete folder stays?
Just what is considered the "original"?

Thanks in advance for any help in clearing up this confusion for me...
Coordinator
Aug 16, 2014 at 6:35 AM
the file picked up from the monitor location is considered original. The reasons for not deleting the original file are only 2: 1. The original is locked/read only 2. There are multiple conversion tasks, the original will be deleted only after the last
conversion task working on the original is complete. Check your mcebuddy.log file to see why it isn't being deleted. Or upload it to the mcebuddy server and post the link here On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 10:51 PM, DigitechMediaTV <[email removed]> wrote:
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 8/19/2014 at 9:06 AM
Coordinator
Aug 19, 2014 at 5:06 PM
You can upload mcebuddy.log to the mcebuddy server if you want us to analyze it
Aug 29, 2014 at 6:47 PM
Hello,
I've been working with this and still unsuccessful deleting the original files...I am uploading the mcebuddy.log file to the server for you to take a look at...keep in mind I only have a single conversion task taking place...I have unchecked the the attribute for read only on the parent folder...still no luck...
Coordinator
Aug 29, 2014 at 7:07 PM
What about permissions? Does "SYSTEM" has the permission to Modify and Delete for those files? (not the folder but the files themselves, that goes for the read only attribute also).

Aug 29, 2014 at 7:13 PM
SYSTEM has full control and is applied to folder, subfolders and files. All advanced permissions are also checked...
The FTP server is throwing this error at Filezilla...Error: Failed to retrieve directory listing
Unable to upload mcebuddy.log
Aug 29, 2014 at 8:31 PM
Any other way for me to get you my log? The FTP server does not seems to be responding.

Thanks, William
Coordinator
Aug 29, 2014 at 10:23 PM
Try it now. We were upgrading the server a few hours ago

Aug 30, 2014 at 5:24 AM
hi,
log has been uploaded to folder, same folder name as this topic. thanks for any help in advance.
Coordinator
Aug 30, 2014 at 12:22 PM
I'm not seeing any particular errors, but it's trying to delete the original for sure.

2014-08-29T10:52:45 MCEBuddy.Engine.Core --> Deleting original file D:\Downloads\Filebotted\TV Shows\Once Upon a Time (2011)\Season 01\Once Upon a Time (2011) - S01E19 - The Return.mkv

It's most likely a permission issue or readme flag status. Do the files security permissions have full access available to "SYSTEM"?

Coordinator
Aug 30, 2014 at 3:54 PM
Sorry forgot to the mention the other file the files won't delete is due to a lock that some other process is holding on it (mostly likely, search the forum for others who faced this issue). Try this

http://www.emptyloop.com/unlocker/

It'll tell you why you can't delete a file. Did you try deleting it manually?
Marked as answer by rboy1 on 8/30/2014 at 7:54 AM
Aug 31, 2014 at 5:31 AM
Hello Again,
Guess there are times you just have to give up...seems to be a simple thing I need fixed here and just can't figure out the prob. The file should be deleting, they just arent. There are no permission issues....SYSTEM and all other users have security permissions set for full access...I am able to delete manually and I have created a .bat file to delete the folder contents on startup as a scheduled task but prefer not to go that route since there could be a file waiting for conversion in queue. I have downloaded the unlocker program and it reports "no locking handle is found"....I thank you for your help but it is what it is....

william
Aug 31, 2014 at 5:41 AM
Ok, forget the above....I sent a sample file through my process and found this happening...my monitored folder for mcebuddy has security permissions set for full access throughout folder structure...the video file that dumped into the monitor folder just now was marked read only...sorry for the stupidity here, but with security permissions set for full access, I thought that would not allow files coming into the folder to set for read only? This is my problem obviously, a read-only issue, but not sure how to go about how to prevent the files from being marked read only...
Coordinator
Aug 31, 2014 at 6:03 AM
Read only and security are two different things all together and have no correlation.

Write a custom command and use the attrib dos command to reset the read only attribute.